Wifi on Pi1 B 512 with TL-WN723N not working

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m curious how you have Internet access. Do you run the the other house each time or do you have another PC attached to the repeater. And has anything ever worked on WiFi through your repeater?

As I tried to explain earlier,I have 2 linux boxes, 2 windows boxes, and 2 Androids which connect to the repeater directly (no, I can stay relaxed in my house to connect :)), in alternate patterns (1 linux, 1 win and the 2 Androids are connected most of the time).

This has been working flawlessly all the time, so that’s why I was deeming my homenet to unlikely be the issue. But for some reason it is.

I can’t see what I could change in this setup - I need to get my Internet from somewhere, and without the repeater, I don’t have enough signal.

Directly meaning by cable? Including the 2 Androids?

You haven’t answered the last question: has anything ever successfully connected to the Internet on WiFi via the repeater?

And I seem to recall you were going to install wireless-tools and run a command…

Sorry for not being precise.
All the mentioned devices connect to the repeater via WiFi, not cable. So yes, all is connected successfully on WiFi via the repeater, and working fine.

Actually I forgot about the wireless-tools thing, will do later.