'WiFi to Ethernet' tethering not working as expected

i All,

I have a stupid question that has been bugging me for a while now. I have set up the below scenario using OSMC on my RPi3 to tether via the ‘WiFi to Ethernet’ option

The HP server and RPi Ethernet seem to use the 192.168.0.x IP range, whereas the RPi WiFi uses the 192.168.1.x range that the router and the rest of the network uses.

So the HP server connects 100% correctly and I can ping/connect to all the other devices on the 192.168.1.x range, as well as browse the internet. But the devices on the 192.168.1.x range cannot seem to connect back to the HP server.

My router is a D-Link DSL-2740U with DHCP enabled. Is there anything else that I still need to configure for this to work?

You have a dual NAT set-up with DHCP running on both the Pi and the router.

Here’s a question for you. If the PC on the 192.168.1.x IP range wants to talk to something on 192.168.0.x, where should the traffic go? From your bird’s-eye perspective you know that it should go to the Pi but the router won’t know unless you tell it. Therefore you need to set up a static route on the router itself to send 192.168.0.0 traffic to the Pi’s 192.168.1.x IP address.

There are other possible ways but the static route is probably the simplest.

Thanks for the help. I set up a route as per below, but I can now only ping the IP for the RPi Ethernet. I can’t seem to ping the HP server on the other end.

What does traceroute -n <IP of HP server> show?