Winamp or similar Music player for Vero 4k+

Hey guys, I have a large collection of Mp3 files and I’m looking for an app to play them with. If you remember Winamp on the PC you could easily search your library, select an album or artist and queue them up to play.

Is there such a thing I can install on to my Vero 4k+?

Simple instructions please, i’m very new to this device and almost 0 experience with linux systems.

Thanks
Ginge

Well the GUI of the Vero (Kodi) is fulfilling that task.
Just scan your MP3 into the Library.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

Yes I have done that, and all the files are there. But I was hoping for a search function.

Do you know if I can add some visualisation too?

Ok didn’t see the point of search if you can go to albums and directly jump by using the first letter.
But this may do the job.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Global_Search

For the Vero still in progress if I recall correctly but @sam_nazarko might can give clearer feedback

Thanks for the Add-on link, how do I install it please?
Where will I find “addon.xml” and how do I edit it please?

Simple instructions please, i’m very new to this device and almost 0 experience with linux systems.

I have putty and I’m able to connect but inexperienced with that too.

Hi,

Installation instructions are in the link provided by fzinken.

Thanks Tom.

No need for putty can all be done via GUI.
Settings → Addons.
Also discribed on the webpage.

I think global search is actually installed by default. Regardless, I think for music Kodi’s search is a bit better as it doesn’t take you to a different interface. When you are in the music section there is a search option in the slideout menu. How you bring up the slideout menu depends on the skin but normally it is a matter of going all the way left or up. With the Vero remote holding the menu button down should also allow bring it up.

As for queuing items you just have to context menu (menu button on the Vero remote) over an item and you will see the option. Kodi also allows for the generation of smart playlists.