Windows doesn't see samba network share of OSMC

I kept trying a bit to see what went wrong. It seems that unauthenticated guest access isn’t allowed by default on Windows. The command before helped because it signed in with an account.

I needed to enable:
gpedit.msc>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Lanman Workstation>“Enable insecure guest logons”>Enabled
followed by gpupdate /force.

fb9182e99674db042d05374cbb430cf459e0c6fa

Still, my computer can’t go to \\ip without a subfolder but the other computer can.

1 Like

It’s not wrong, but on purpose off microsoft smbv1 and insecure guest access are disabled due to security issues.

To browse try this without smbv1, to Explore Network Browsing

1. Start de services ‘Function Discovery Provider Host’ en ‘Function Discovery Resource Publication’ en set it on Automatic (Delayed start) .
  2. When you open Explorer Network, enable netwerkdetection when asked.

See this about the error message you have above.

So in the end use the option off @fzinken to add networkmappings on your win 10 pro pc

net use \\192.168.1.15\osmc\Movies

Guess I can’t have two solutions in this topic? Thank you so much fzinken and Marcel!

I can browse to \ip now! Seems I needed to turn on the service “FD Provider Host” too. The other one was already running. Thanks for the explanation.

It might have been intended (/not wrong) but still bugged me. I just wanted everyone on my network to be able to find my Raspberry Pi in the network, double click it and see what I had available. It does that now for W10 Home, just not for W10 Pro.

@darwindesign: I get the idea but ‘movies’ is a external usb drive and is not located in the osmc user’s home folder. Maybe I’ll create a folder under ~\osmc with symlinks to all shared folders. Just to get them at one place so a home user can browse.