On my Vero4K after factory reset:
- set resolution to 3840x2160p
- set up HTTP Web server with password
- set up YouTube Add-on (automatically selects v6.8.11 and installs InputStream Helper)
- enable debug logs and reboot
On my GrapheneOS Android phone:
- set up Kore app
- set up NewPipe app
- open video details page in NewPipe (I tried with many videos, the collected logs are for Het langste volk | STE | Het Klokhuis - YouTube )
- in NewPipe use Play With Kodi
At this point the video starts playing on my TV and the video is smooth. Just the audio stutters a lot dropping almost a second ever couple of seconds.
For above steps the logs are recorded here https://paste.osmc.tv/xoqetodoni
Before the OSMC 2021.08.1 running Kodi 19.1 upgrade of today I played youtube video’s fine. Even had UHD playing smooth with MPEG-DASH set up. After the upgrade the audio stutter was introduced. I did the bare minimum setup described above to see if the problem was related to my tweaking. Apparently it was not.
I hope you can find what caused this problem to be introduced with this upgrade.
And I hope you can fix it.
Let me know if additional information is needed.