YouTube pluggin?

Hello Vero4K bro,

since few month, the youtube pluggin isn’t working ( i try to reinstall it without succes).
I haven’t the teaser of film without this pluggin…

When i try to instal it from OSMC pository , i got the message "youtube echec de l’installation’

What happenning ?

Many thnaks for your support

Kind regard

Debug enabled logs will help us to help you

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here is :slight_smile:
https://paste.osmc.tv/

Many thanks again for the support

Any reason you haven’t upgraded to Kodi Matrix?

no, only that it work (use to) like that so i keep it (and also i use transparency and it wasn’t supported at this time…) … But do i have to ?

Well might be that the YouTube Addon is no longer updated for Leia.
But that should not stop the last version from being installed

ok thks, i have try to update but i not found it… How can i do to updgarde to Matrix ??

Many thanks

Did you tried via MyOSMC - Update- Manual Update?

Yes i tryed but i’m still not in a Matrix version …

Check

Go to My OSMC → Updates → Manual Controls → Apply Hotfix.
Enter ucawobahij and proceed.
You can now update your device via My OSMC or the command line.

ok many thanks, but just a question: if i do that do i lose all my parameters (menu, path, …) ?

Thanks Fzinken for your time

Generally all settings should be preserved. You may loose addons that are not supported anymore in Matrix as well as some of the Menu Customizations

1 Like

Actually I just checked your logs again. If you want to stay on Leia you may first want to try to update the repository and then update the youtube Addon. Seems your Repository wasn’t updated and therefore pointing to an old version.

1 Like

i try to upgrade but Transparency skin isn’t manage on this version… A lot of my pluggin also…

So i would like to return to my old version (i make a bakcup from OMSC menu but i don’t success to restore it…)

Thanks again for your help

MyOSMC Backup currently has an issue. Either use the Kodi Addon “Backup” that has similar function or do a backup from the cli of the .kodi folder.

ok thks but with the BAckup addon do i will change the version of Kodi (to dowgrade to the 19 instead of matrix) ?

i just tryed, it don’t work: backup is not compatible with this version of Kodi …

I have another Vero4K in the good version, can i copy it to the one that no work with transparency ?

To downgrade you would need to reinstall and then restore the previous backup.

You can restore from that one the backup after you downgraded (reinstalled the November image) on this one

Thanks but how do i can restore the previous backup ? i have tryed many thingg yesterday night without succes … (Backup addon, OSMC kackup,…).

I have the file named OSMCBACKUP_2021_09_21_15_57_38.tar.gz with the good one but how do i install it on my other OMSC with Matrix ?

Many thanks for u support

If someone can tell me how i downgrade with a backup many thanks !!

You first need to downgrade by reinstalling the November Image (that’s the last Leia one) and then restore your backup.

1 Like