Zattoo PVR client not working

Since a few days my Zattoo PVR Client doesn’t show any channels anymore, time schedule keeps staying empty. After system startup, a blue banner with the title “Zattoo PVR client” and no text pops up.
Same applies to a fresh installed system. What to do?

Thanks
Ontario

Did you check if the addon is working on another Kodi system?
Best is to check with the developer.

What’s the difference between “another” Kodi system and a just now fresh installed one on a new SD card?

How to contact the developer?

Well if you assume this is an OSMC problem that could be proven if it works on another (e.g. Windows Kodi install).

I guess here, but seems that actually that version on the github is much newer then the official Kodi Version.

Sounds like it can’t contact the backend.
Some logs should give clues.

Thanks both, opened issue on GitHub Rep as log says
2020-04-15 17:21:14.818 T:1763173088 NOTICE: AddOnLog: Zattoo PVR Client: Using useragent: Kodi/18.6 pvr.zattoo/18.1.14 (Kodi PVR addon)
2020-04-15 17:21:15.160 T:1763173088 ERROR: AddOnLog: Zattoo PVR Client: Unable to get app token.

You are not using the latest available version which is 18.1.15. While that one also is quite old I at least would suggest to update to that.
But anyhow locking at the Github where the latest version 19.2.16 it might need that you manually install that version if 18.1.15 also is not working.

I’m not bothering building my own stuff or install something manually (How-to available somewhere?) - I tend to use ‘Update’ in the UI, and this says, there’s no new version. Why?
Remember, my OSMC distro is from this afternoon, freshly installed, so no side effects from anything.

You could try the staging repository, but if you are not keen to install anything manually, then I’d just advise waiting for the next stable release.

Sam

If it’s done with a few clicks, why not? But how?

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Keep in mind that 18.x is probably for Leia
19.x is probably for Matrix

What ever you want to tell me with that…

If the instructions aren’t clear, I’d advise waiting for the next stable release.
But there is no guarantee at all that this will solve the problem. We don’t have any logs from you about the issue.

Sam

No, instruction is clear, it worked. Thanks for that!
Just didn’t understand anything about Leia and Matrix and that stuff.

Matrix is the next version of Kodi. It will be Kodi v19.
The reason why the add-on in the Matrix branch seems so far ahead (v19 vs v18) is that it’s targetting Kodi v19 which is yet to be released.

Glad it’s working now

Zattoo has changed something in the login. That’s the reason why 18.1.14 is not working. 18.1.15 is doing fine

More information here (in German)

Yep, my mistake. Anyhow 18.1.15 seemed to did the trick.

Same problem again: Zattoo PVR Client doesn’t show any channels anymore, time schedule keeps staying empty. After disabling/enabling the PVR addon, a blue banner with the title “Zattoo PVR client” and no text pops up. Backup waipu.tv addon shows channels, but streams don’t start. What to do?

Not an OSMC issue. Wait for zattoo devs to push a fixed version.