2017.12-1 NFS share continously lagging

Hi,

I had a stable setup, have not changed anything only applied the latest update: 2017.12-1. I have an NFS server on RPI3. It was working fine until now with the following /etc/exportfs

/mnt/data-share 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

But today I realized that is has huge delays when I try to play something on my laptop from this nfs share.

I know it was a huge update and the rest is working well for me, but what could be the problem? What kind of setting is missing for me to have a performant enough nfs share?

Thanks for your help!

Are you mounting via fstab, or kodi nfs:// mounts?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi,

thanks for the answer. Evening I try to collect the necessary logs. To describe the problem maybe more precisly the RPI is acting as a NFS server. On my laptop I mounting it with fstab (so the laptop is the client and osmc is the nfs server). The above /etc/exportfs is on the rpi(osmc) side. There was no change on my rooter side, neighter on the laptop side. And now the problem when I try to reach any file from osmc on the laptop and for example I try to play on the client any kind of video file, which is fine on the server (osmc kodi) is tearing on the client side. Independently which video player I’m using. It was not the case before the update. So some kind of performance of the NFS server is not as good as before. Do you have any special log what I should share with you?

Thanks!

Best place to start would be to test your network speed using iperf3. Search this forum for info about using iperf3.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Speed problem with fstab mounted NFS