2160p gone with last update

Hello

Help please.
I did the last update today and lost the 2160p format

My TV is still the same (still 4k), but even after many reboots, it is still playing everything at 1080p.
And the interface doesn’t propose 2160p anymore.
What is going wrong?

Vincent

You’re not meant to select 2160p or 4K as the resolution. Instead you should set 1080p and enable Adjust Refresh Rate for the best experience. This will then automatically switch to 4K or HDR when necessary.

yes, It is this setting. Adjust Refresh Rate and 1080 for the interface.
But the video is not switching to 2160p as it use to do.

I’m just pointing that usually there is 2160p listed as possibilities for the interface and it is now gone
The new update lost it.

What should I do, what happend?

Please upload a log via My OSMC. OSMC will only report the capabilities advertised by your receiver

how do I upload it here?

https://paste.osmc.tv/ifefuxunir

is that right?

All logs would be more useful so we can see all the configuration please.

https://paste.osmc.tv/iwekorivos

Your display is not reporting support for anything above 1080p:

====================== Display Cap =================== g0gjk991
480p60hz
576p50hz
720p60hz
1080i60hz
1080p60hz*
720p50hz
1080i50hz
1080p30hz
1080p50hz
1080p25hz
1080p24hz

Has something changed in your environment?

That is the problem, no.
It is still linked to my same 4K tv I’ve been using for some time (which is not on the network so can not be updated).

The only thing which changed is the update of the Vero4K, so that is what I’m pointing out the problem

How can I try to downgrade to previous version?

It hink what same mentioned is that your Display does not announce anything higher than full HD resolution.
I think before the latest update, the user could define the resolution manually. Looks like this was the case there, only the last update makes a better job at adapting it to what the TV/Screen claims it can support, to the source. If the TV says it can only handle 1080p24Hz max - that’s what the Vero will send in.

Sam - I bet you will have to provide kind of amanual override in a next update.
I think this should be done through an advancedsettings.xml or using manual override file for the Display capabilities at users responsibility. If they break the display, it’s their fault…
I remember back in time where we had to make complex math to configure our cathodic monitors to run with linux X-Windows server. One mistake, and they went boom … Luckily with new screens, this won’t happen :wink:

So I will have to wait for the next update to get my 4k back?

You can backup via MyOSMC and install the August image, but the main question you should find out is why your TV doesn’t report higher rates?

I think you can apply the hotfix from Sam - check this thread for details.

If that does not work, you can still apply what @fzinken has proposed.

Please us the hotfix. But to help us improve things, can you give make a model for the devices in your HDMI chain? You seem to be connected through a Denon amp and something else before the TV.

1 Like

The Vero4K is connected to a Denon Home Cinema.
My 4kTV is connected to the Denon via a SoundBar Samsung.

I also have a Video Projector 4k. When connected to the Denon instead of the TV the Vero4K do detect the 2160p.
So my guess is that it could be the soundBar Samsung.

I’ll try to make a simpler connection to isolate which device is creating problem

Again, it did work fine with this setup before the last update.

What are the specific models of TV, sound bar and Denon?

TV : Panasonic TX-50CX700E
HomeCinema : DENON AVRX2100
Sound Bar :HWK551 SILVER Samsung

I don’t think it’s good to go through 2x devices; as the EDID of the TV will likely not propagate across correctly.

There should be a less complex way to connect your equipment.

Sam

1 Like

I changed my plugging and it works fine now.
Couldn’t not really spot which device was creating the problem
It seems that it was a mix of denon + samsung sound bar

Thanks for the help.

1 Like