3D BD ISO video freezing

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

Unfortunately, it still seems to be broken.
The video is still freezing for The Force Awakens, I’ll test Tintin and Wreck it Ralph now.

Bad news, unfortunately they are all still freezing at the same point.

The Jenkins build failed. I’m looking in to why and will let you know when it is ready.

Sam

I’ve found the issue which seems to be introduced by an upstream PVR add-on and raised an issue there: GCC build broken after 72af0a32d54e2ecca52d022d6bc635d78b8b7227 · Issue #99 · palinek/pvr.sledovanitv.cz · GitHub.

1 Like

Are there any updates on this?

The developer of this add-on hasn’t replied. To avoid unnecessary delay, I’ve excluded it from the build, and I’ve pushed a new build which omits this add-on.

Can you please try the instructions advised above?

Many thanks

Sam

2 Likes

Sorry - still not working.
Wreck it Ralph BS ISO freezes after about a minute at the same point.

In this case, I would suggest uploading some new logs so we can check the error and verify that you have indeed updated to the latest version.

vero3-mediacenter-osmc should be on version 19.5.0-16

Thanks

Sam

1 Like

OK - that’s weird.
I’ve run the upgrade command again and it is downloading again.

I’ll let you know if the playback works now.

Yessss, all working now.
Sorry about the false alarm

Thanks for the great support.

1 Like

Thanks! :+1:

This seems to help even regarding the skipping issue in 3D-ISOs mentioned in this closed thread:
[TESTING] Debian 11 Bullseye

1 Like