3D Frame Packed output

OK, the Apple Event is over :wink: i’m now ready to test the new firmware…

I too am waiting for this new build to start using 3D iso (the main reason I bought the Vero 4k+)
:smiley::smiley:

No nagging from me, just appreciation for the focus on getting this major feature added to the 4k! Nice to see progress being made on .iso playback too :slight_smile:

I tried to install the present build on my new Vero 4k+
Osmc version 2019-07-01
Using putty I login ok.
Then paste the first line of the build: wget “https://collab.osmc.tv/s/qyoxgUqSOVwurXi/download” -O mediacenter.deb

And this is what I got from Putty:
putty

Dis I make any error?
Thanks for help

There seems to be a certificate error with collab, (not updated propperly) try this:

wget --no-check-certificate “https://collab.osmc.tv/s/qyoxgUqSOVwurXi/download” -O mediacenter.deb

The certificate is updated now.

Thanks for help. It works now. I watched some of my reference movie including some scenes from Avatar. To my surprise, the “Navi” subtitles are now reproduced (this never happens with my Zidoo x9s.
I think that the PQ of the Vero is better than that of my Zidoo x9s. More depth, better colours and contrast, especially in the dark scenes.
Congratulations to Sam and his team for achieving such good quality.
Of course there is some minor problem concerning the fluidity, but it does not detract me from the movie.
One last thing.
Sam says at the beginning of this thread that I should modify a file: Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
I have no idea on how to do this.
Can someone help step by step?.
Many thanks.
PS: I regret to have met the Vero 4k+ so late. but …

When your in the ssh like you were before type
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
and that will open that file in a simple text editor. After making the edits you ctrl+x, y, then enter to save the file.

… but you will then have to do the wget and dpkg commands again.

Thank you. Followed yr instructions and everything works. Yes, I had to do the wget and dpkg (dont know what these words mean) again. Watched some avengers endgame and it was wonderful Thanks again. I dont know what will be the next build. Do we have to follow the same procedure?
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Yep.

One more note on Vero 4k+. Audio from this box is the best I have heard from all the boxes I own (including Odroid N2). And is the best and the most natural by large margin.
:joy::joy::joy:

We have spent a lot of time working on the audio stack (including implementing multi-channel audio) on the Vero 4K / 4K +.

1 Like

Brilliant results.

After extensive tests I have to say that many movies play shakering like @hdmkv outlined in his post #168 anf @tanio99 replied in his post #172. Hope this will be sorted out in next build.

I’m afraid, we’re still working on that one, so the next build will not contain a fix for it.

Got it. Thanks

Hi @tanio99, you had mentioned the shakiness with some 3D titles was caused by NTSC video playback. At this point, is there a sense of how to resolve it and you need time, or are you still investigating what about NTSC is breaking playback? I recall this issue w/LE builds on RPi at one point; will dust off my Pi3 and check if it’s still there. Thanks.

Hi @hdmkv,

it’s definitely not an easy one. It’s a bit like hare hunting :slight_smile: . But I know, the hare will get tired and then we’ll catch it :smiley: . Today’s assumption is, that there’s something wrong with PTS calculation.

1 Like

You mean, you miscalculated how much Post Traumatic Stress this was going to leave you with?