3D Frame Packed output

AMLogic were away at CES and are now about to go away for Chinese New Year.

When I get back I’ll give them steps to reproduce so they can look in to this for us.

1 Like

I thought this was meant to be solved - but maybe I’m wrong but the ‘interlaced’ files still don’t play properly e.g Sammy’s Adventure.

With ‘interlaced’ files do you mean m2ts and/or ssif ones? If yes, then this has been fixed, but then there was another non-MVC related change which broke it again :frowning: .

Its an MVC mkv file - sorry I should have read the known isssues - its the NTSC flag issue.

Ok, yes, that one has basically been fixed, too, but only for 4.9.

Excellent news, thanks for all your help on this.

I’ve had my fair share of media players and this may not be the best but it’s in the top 1 :wink:

LOL - I’ve tried and still have a number of media players - they all have their pros and cons - the biggest sticking point on the majority of them is Forced Subtitles not displaying as they do on standalone BD players.
I’ve had Dune, Egreat, Zidoo and Zapitti players. If the Vero does Forced Subtitles correctly and 3D works I’ll be a convert and will be buying a number of these for myself and my family members. Fingers crossed!

Forced subtitles definitely do work, whether in BD structure or mkv. 3D is 90% there now.

Should receive my Vero 4K+ today - are the steps highlighted at the top of this thread still valid for installing the 3D build - and that the microcode update for the H264 decoder needs to be installed first and foremost. Thanks

Yes – that’s correct.
No need to update the microcode.

Thanks for the reply.

If the update for H264 does not apply to 4K+ do you still need to apply to 4K? And if you don’ t need to update why is it still posted?

It doesn’t need to be applied for any platform.

The microcode update was dated in August and there have been new builds since then.

Is it possible to play 3d mvc files in iso format from the Google drive addon? I am not able to play them, from an external hdd yes, but not from the cloud

Is Google Cloud perhaps ‘opening’ these ISO files? There may be a way to handle them as a raw file.

From Google Drive I think they can’t be opened, how do I convert it or open it in a raw file? Do you know any method?

Maybe, from 3D MVC MKV? I try this.

MKV should work. I think Google is automatically opening the ISO as a container – not sure what can be done about that.

Checked, 3D MVC MKV works fine, I will have to convert all my iso 3D to MVC MKV.