3D Frame Packed output

It will update automatically.

1 Like

Sam, I assume there’s still been no movement on the 3D macroblocking issue?

Sorry, no :frowning:

1 Like

At this point is it likely to ever be fixed? Vero seems to be the last decent box with any 3D MVC support! Just trying to set my own expectations appropriately.

I don’t know … Amlogic said that they can reproduce it and will look at it but it has low priority for them. Whatever that means.

We have a newer version of media_modules which as newer micro-code and MVC decode drivers; but these are dependent on a newer AMLogic 5.4 kernel, which we are not keen on moving to yet.

A pity, this is the only thing holding me back from replacing my Pi3 with a Vero 4k+

If it makes you feel any better, the macro blocking thing only affects a handful of movies - most play fine. And when it does happen it’s only one brief pulse every 5-10 minutes.

Good to know, thanks. Hope official MVC support will come soon

It’s enabled in the Kodi Matrix test builds, so once Matrix goes live in the official software, I imagine MVC support will go live too. I don’t think it will be that much longer before Matrix goes live. (I mean, I could be wrong, but it has that feel about it).

It’s in the main Kodi build or the Matrix-based OSMC build?

Are you saying that the drivers or whatever it was that was holding up MVC on the Pi4 are in the main, Kodi test builds, therefore, now available from the Pi Foundation?

The latter.

We’re talking about MVC support on Vero 4K/4K +, not Pi4.

1 Like

Thanks for the reality slap…:wink:

That’s certainly what I’m talking about, yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This whole thread is about Vero 4K/4K + 3D testing exclusively :slightly_smiling_face: Which will be obsolete soon enough, I hope…

1 Like

I’m involved in so many MVC threads and excited about it that I sometimes lose track…:wink:

Sam I’m assuming based on this that the August update doesn’t improve anything RE 3d relative to the test builds?

Can I hold out hope that we’ll eventually see you guys get all the pieces in place to use the improved microcode down the line? It’s looking like vero Osmc is pretty much the last potential refuge for 3D users :frowning:

We will use a newer microcode in the future, but we don’t know if this solves any issues yet.

1 Like

3D is great on the Vero 4K and it’s possibly the best 3D device out there currently. It’s unfortunate that one of the very few titles with issues is Gravity which needs two versions of the movie (3D + Diamond Edition having the Atmos track) muxed together for the best experience which can’t be bought on Blu-ray. Here’s to hoping the microcode update will solve these issues.

Don’t hold your breath. From what we’ve been told in the past, this isn’t something the OSMC guys have any control over, we just have to wait for Amlogic to fix the microcode; and given how long they’ve already taken over this, there’s clearly a good chance they never will. It’s not time to abandon all hope yet; but definitely prepare yourself for the possibility that this may never be fixed.