4k hevc stutter through smb

You need to be clearer about what you mean. Do you see them in Kodi or in an SSH session? Have you removed the duplicated smb:// entries from the Kodi sources.xml file?

Not if you really rebooted. (Perhaps this is the reason why your system log was so large.) Do you run reboot from the command line?

so first of all … with the fstab mount 4k movies stream perfect now … wooaa …tnx all for the help and assistance.

now to be clearer for my problem (yes, I removed the share from smb://):
for instance … let’s say I mounted the share “Movies” on my win pc as “Movies_fstab” on my vero.
I saw the mount in kodi as Movies_fstab

let’s say that I then changed the fstab file where I said … I want to share my “4kmovies” on my win pc as “Movies_fstab”. After doing what was said in the tutorial (mount -a ; daemon reload, restart remote fs) … the Movies_fstab still mounts to the original “Movies”.
I then deleted the entire line in fstab file and placed one where I say to mount “4kmovies” to “4kMovies_fstab”.
that works fine, but the other mount “Movies” is still there.

So I presume I did something wrong, or as you said … didn’t really reboot ?
I presume stopping & starting the mediacenter is not enough then ?

I I read you correct, I just need to then SSH into the vero and type “reboot” ?

i had the same problems i switched to NFS with hanewin as server, no more issues with the stupid SMB shared under win 7.

Yes.