4k uhd stutter or freezing up, audio dropouts

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i’m stuck for answers, i use a Vero 4K and can play 1080p mkv files from my NAS perfectly, connection is both NAS and Vero hardwired to my router, no issues whatsoever.

Now when i try to play a 4k files, choose whether or not HDR or otherwise the video stutters, sometimes freezes and audio dropouts, i’ve seen a notification in the corner saying unable to read fast enough or words to that effect, in other words buffering.

i know its not my cabling as a Dune 4K HD works fine, any ideas or help would be very much appreciated

Would the Vero 4K+ work and not have these issues?

many thanks

Allan

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet?
From cabling, I assume Ethernet.

An fstab mount or USB adapter will help.

The 4K is perfectly capable; so there’s no need to upgrade. I’d be doing you a disservice to suggest as such :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sam

hi Sam

please help me to understand what you mean

An fstab mount or USB adapter will help

i’ve no idea what these are so a little more help would be appreciated

thanks

Allan

fstab is a way of mounting network drives that performs better than using Kodi mounts. A little searching on the forums would have found that for you :wink:

As to USB adapter, I assume Sam means a gigabit ethernet USB adapter.

Before trying any of that, try copying one of the files that will not play correctly to the Vero and see if it plays then. Also, mediainfo on the file may help us. Another thing to try would be to test your network using iperf3 (again, a forum search is your friend)

honestly if i knew and understood what you say it would be great, but sadly i don’t

i’m not that clued up on this stuff as you can maybe tell so please if you can talk me through it step by step in english that would be great

i did google fstab and had a read and it went right over my head

Allan

I didn’t say google fstab, I said to search this forum. That would have found lots of ideas, including:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/configuring-fstab-based-samba-share-mounts

Before that, I suggest you tried copying the problem file to the Vero (you could use a USB stick to do that) and then try to play it. That would rule out network problems.

i can’t see it being a network problem as a Dune 4K HD works perfectly unless the Dune is less demanding or something else, I know your trying to help but most of it is going over my head.

The files i’m trying to play are upwards of 80gb stored on my Sinology NAS so a little difficult to copy onto a USB stick

Allan

You could still try to copy the file over the network to the 4K and then play it.

Test your network performance with iperf3: [How To] Check Network Performance with iperf3

Get mediainfo on the questioable file: Mediainfo

Finally, supply logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi everyone

Can someone please help with my latest issue, I’m still streaming over wired ethernet from my Synology NAS and getting video stutter every 60 secs choose if it’s a 1080p or 4k video.

Both NAS and Vero + are hard wired through a gigabit switch so not sure what to try next or how to send you any logs you might need to be able to help me.

Thanks for any help offered btw

Cheers

Allan

That is explained step by step just in the post above yours.