4K videos playing wrong size on Vero V

Did you apply the operating system updates before you tried running the hotfix? Some issues were found with the My OSMC add-on and the hotfix system that required an update to that before we could get a script to run successfully.

As for it not working, are you using profiles? The hotfix and the commands I posted previous to that only target ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml. If someone is using profiles then every other user will have their own preferences located at ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/[profile name]/guisettings.xml and each of those files may need to be tweaked if they had calibrations set in them. You can do the following…

osmc@VeroV:~$ ls ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles
June

This shows the profile folders on your system. In this case there is one extra user called “June”.

osmc@VeroV:~$ systemctl stop mediacenter

If that user is logged in you will need to stop Kodi before modifying the preference for the user.

osmc@VeroV:~$ awk -v RS='' '{sub(/<resolutions>.*<\/resolutions>/,"<resolutions/>"); print}' ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/June/guisettings.xml>tmp && mv -f tmp ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/June/guisettings.xml

Swapping the folder locations for the profiles your using into the previously listed command would be done for every profile that needs to be fixed and that you found folder previously using the ls command. Note that these file paths are case sensitive.

osmc@VeroV:~$ systemctl start mediacenter

One your done start Kodi back up and your done.

Scratch that, too much like work. just copy the following into a ssh session and it will nuke all calibrations whether one is using profiles or not.

==============================================

systemctl stop mediacenter && find ~/.kodi -type f -name "guisettings.xml" -execdir mv {} {}.bk \; -execdir awk -v RS='' '{sub(/<resolutions>.*<\/resolutions>/,"<resolutions/>"); print>"{}"}' "{}.bk" \; && systemctl start mediacenter
1 Like

I indeed updated first.
And like I said I’m not using profiles and solved it through the command line.

The continuing zoom error has nothing to do with this resolution fix, but is oddly not fixed in the latest update.

Just out of curiosity, were you typing it in with a remote or were you using the text send feature of the web ui or a mobile app? When I was testing it I remember having an issue with the web ui send text until I realized I had copied a trailing space with the code which kept it from working.

Sorry, I overlooked your link and had forgotten about that problem. I haven’t seen any communication about it. You might bump that thread with a tag to Sam asking if there is an update.

I used a remote shell and applied the fix from post 54.
Bumping the other thread might indeed be a better idea.

Thank you for your effortless and continuous support sir!

1 Like

I’ve managed to develop a fix that will silently detect and remove only bad calibrations in isolation including for any user profiles that may be in use. It is planned for release with the next update. I would appreciate anyone who would be willing to test and provide feedback. If you update from staging then this issue should automatically get mitigated when Kodi is starting up. In this way it should resolve the issue for anyone who is currently impacted, as well as if they they restore from a backup that has bad calibrations for 4K display modes.

Instructions to update from staging
  1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

1 Like