802.11ac wifi on Raspberry 3 B+

I have just installed the current version of OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and have a problem with the wifi: I get a connection to the (802.11ac @ 80 Mhz) access point, but only at 40 MHz channel width (meaning 802.11n). Fittingly “iw list” does not list any VHT capabilites for the integrated wifi; the CYW43455 is, however, supposed to support 80 Mhz channel width.
Is this a firmware/driver issue, or settings related?

Are you in Germany?

Indeed.
Regdomain is set to DE: DFS-ETSI.
Wifi AC works at 80 MHz with, e.g., a RTL8812AU USB adapter.

Hi

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thank you, works now.
“iw list” is reporting VHT capabilites and I can connected to the AP with 80 MHz channel width, though strangely not with country code set to DE but rather to US.

1 Like

Hi,

Same problem here. From spain. Router Asus RT-AC68U buyed in Amazon (i don’t know why the router’s Regdomain is DE).

Osmc 2018.04-2. Ras Pi 3 b+. After the patch all works ok and Regdomain in the Pi is DE. Channel 36 80 mhz.