A few OSMC questions

Hi. I’m currently looking into buying a new 4K HDR Kodi box and a Vero 4K+ running OSMC is one of the ones I’m considering. I have a few quick questions though…

Does OSMC support lirc? We use all the same remotes that use a non-standard protocol in our house - kernel decoders won’t work. Lirc works great though and prefer to keep it the same.

Does OSMC support NFSv4 client? Don’t care about Kodi’s built-in NFS support, I prefer to bypass it completely and mount our NFSv4 root share at the OS level so as far as Kodi knows it’s a local filesystem.

I read OSMC is Debian-based so if either lirc or NFSv4 is not already supported, can I just install the necessary Debian packages, and recompile the kernel if needed? I’d like to avoid getting stuck compiling dependency hell if I can avoid it at all. :slight_smile:

Lastly, how closely does OSMC follow Kodi development? Are there test builds with Kodi 19/git available?

Thanks for any relevant info anyone can offer.

I don’t personally use lirc, but it shouldn’t be a problem.

fstab and autofs both work great with OSMC for NFS mounts.

Yes: [Deprecated] Kodi 19 (Matrix) nightly builds for Vero 2 & 4K

Hi,

Yes. LIRC profiles can be picked under My OSMC → Remotes. We have some presets available, or you can pick your own / run irrecord.

NFSv4 is supported at the kernel level.

There won’t be any need to build or install any additional packages.

Quite aggressively. We are still on 18.7 because 18.8 will come with our Buster release shortly. But we backport and try and stay on top of things. Of course we have to do some testing first before we release anything out in the wild.

There is a money back guarantee, but I doubt you will need it.

Cheers

Sam