About the Vero V category

Hello, any update on the freezing problem. Did a clean install from the dec update as well. Still freezing on every movie through every way of playing. Not only streaming hangs but also when playing from hdd.

Could it be a memory problem?

I do think the device is not good since my vero 4 and 4k + do not have this freezing problem.

Also tried a total different power supply. Again freezing on random moments and the whole device hangs then.

Unusable at this moment unfortunately

Sorry - itā€™s been busy here so I didnā€™t get a chance to check the logs yet. Iā€™ll check by the end of tonight.

How is the hard drive powered?

Iā€™d be surprised if it is a memory problem. If needed we can swap the device over, not a problem.

That would be great. It is rather strange that with the same movies and same wifi both the 4k and 4k + have no problems at all. So i would really like to swap the device so i can enjoy it as much i did with the other devices.

The only problem is that i threw away the package since i did not think the device could have any problems.

Thatā€™s OK. If you email sales@osmc.tv with order number I can arrange for a swap regardless of whether there is an issue as a gesture of good will and thank you for being a loyal customer.

I will check the logs in a few minutes.

Iā€™ve checked the logs and given some advice on how to proceed. We could try some things without Real Debrid. I will still send you a new one over however.

Sam

Great service. I also played a movie from usb. Crashes as well.

Really looking forward to a new device. Much appreciated!

Okay no problem. Iā€™ll be up to date on emails by tomorrow evening. Little bit (1 day) behind.

Stayed up a bit late and I am now up to date on all emails (including yours).

Thanks for your patience

Sam

1 Like

Hi All,

Iā€™m not sure if this is even an issue as such, but noticed on the more detailed media info panel that ALL content (SD, 1080 and 4K, irrespective of SDR/HDR) is displaying as interlaced (see attached image). Is this normal? The interface is set to Progressive and 99% of the media in my library is 1080/2160p. Is anything wrong with my hard/software setup?

In an entirely separate issue, Iā€™ve noticed I need to keep the UI interface set at 2160p otherwise 4K content thatā€™s not true 3840x2160 (usually 2.39:1/Scope content) will often flag and display as 1080. Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,
Tom

A log should help us see whatā€™s going on here.

This is something that we could look at. Whitelisting should also allow you some flexibility with this.