Account lock doesn't work on 2021-12 osmc RPi2

Hi support,
just updated my OSMC 2021-11 to 2021-12 and found out, that I cannot login into it.
So, I have reinstalled it to 2021-12 and when finally setup all 3 accounts (Master, Parents, Kids) and setup all things, then I found out its not possible to setup Mater, nor Accounts lock.

Do you know about this vulnerability? Its quite huge security issue!
Thank you for check.

Edit: I have to correct myself. It is possible to enter PIN, but its not possible to reach OK button via TV remote. If I use keyboard remote and click OK, then it works.

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

hello sam: I did some more testing and it seems this issue is specific only for My OSMC skin. Issue is not present when I switched it to other two pre-installed skins.

Hi,

This sounds like an issue with current osmc skin. It will be fixed in the next update, or alternatively you can install the skin from staging, details can be found here:

Thanks Tom.

Hello Tom,
don’t have such folder on my OSMC:

root@XX:~# ls /etc/ap
apm/ apparmor/ apparmor.d/ apt/

root@XX:~# uname -a
Linux sp13osmc 5.10.78-2-osmc #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 17 03:44:59 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

This is not the folder that was advised in the link. Did you click the blue title of the link Tom provided?

1 Like