Add Google Drive movies to my library

Maybe is a dumb question but I have installed succesfully Google Drive addon on my Vero 4K+ and can access my movies there but I’ve been unable to add them to my library… I don”t know how to add GD to my video Sources.
Any help is welcome!

Regards :blush:

Add it as a source in the file manager and then it will be available to add it to your library.

The problem is that it does’t show there (file manager) and don’t how to manually add it…

Can you access the Google Drive contents from the command line? If so, how?

This seems to indicate a simple method and would also be a better place to get relevant answers to your questions regarding Google drive.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324784

Is there anyone else having performance issues with the Google Drive Add-on with the Vero 4K+? When I use it with a Fire Stick 4K, I have no issues streaming the data, but on the Vero 4K+, with the exact file, it seems like the data isn’t being transmitted fast enough, with files frequently refusing to open. Both devices are hardwired into the same network.

Is it something to do with OSMC?

I can’t see why it would behave differently.
Do you experience this issue with other files over the wired network?

Have you tried switching to WiFi as a quick test?

Locally stored files accessed via fstab mount work fine.

I’ll try switching to wifi on both devices and report back.

Unlikely that WiFi will improve things then.
Is the Fire Stick running same version of Kodi and same version of Google Drive add-on?

Sam

I’m using latest OSMC and latest release 18.2 (not RC) on the Fire Stick

Didn’t test Wifi vs Ethernet, but when the Vero 4K+ is starved for bandwidth because Google Drive doesn’t stream data quick enough, it decides to crash often. The Fire Stick sort of stalls, then loads the rest of the file once the data resumes streaming.

That’s what it appears to me.

Maybe an OS mount will behave better.
Do you have a log of a crash?

Cheers

Sam

I’ll post a log, I would like to avoid the OS mounts because that would include a computer dependency.

An OS mount could decrease dependency. For example you have your movies on SYSTEM_A then mount them on /mnt/Movies.

You now get a shiny new NAS and decide to move your movies to that. With Kodi mounts you would need to redefine the sources to point to the new NAS and rescan. With a OS mount you just edit fstab to change /mnt/Movies to point to the new NAS. Kodi will never need to know that the files were moved. You could even change from using SMB mounting to using NFS and Kodi still would not know because it still thinks that the movies are in a local directory, /mnt/Movies.

I would recommend that you use autofs instead of fstab however as it’s much more tolerant of network drops than fstab is.

I don’t need a NAS, I use google drive, my data is stored remotely. If I need to mount google drive to an OS location and then share it, this involves an additional computer.

Why would you need a different computer? You create the autofs mount on the Vero pointing to the remote drive.

A NAS is still a computer, albeit one that just serves as data storage.

If I were to rephrase, I don’t want to have to have another device. All I have now is Vero 4K+ and TV to watch the content stored on my google drive. I don’t want to have to add something else to that chain.

Re-read my post. I was giving you an example of the advantage of autofs. I did not say that you need a NAS. I’m well aware that a NAS is just a computer.

Let me restate what I said.

You have your drives Kodi mounted pointing to a remote a server. You then change to a new remote server. You would need to change the Kodi sources to point to the new remote server and rescan your library. With autofs you just edit the config and Kodi will be happy not ever knowing about the new server.

I think I get what you’re trying to say, but I currently view my content through an add-on.

Are you suggesting finding a way to represent said drive as an OS mount?

Yes. That would also do away with the requirement for an Add On to handle it.