After october update HIFIberry Digi doesn't function

Same issue.
Pi3 with hifiberry digi+.
I downgraded at July update.

I have the same issue after update.
Here is my setup: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, PIHI HIFI Digi +

Are there any updates?

At this time I’m holding kernel version 4.14.78-4-osmc, but I would like to update again…

Unfortunately I don’t have any HifiBerry hardware to test
I will update the kernel again in a couple of weeks, which will hopefully resolve the issue nonetheless.

Sam

1 Like

Hi,

For your information I had a similar issue after October update. Hifiberry card was shown as an output audio device but not in passthrough. I followed the instructions from HiFiBerry Digi under kernel 4.19.x working without patching Kodi source? and it worked fine to me.

Basically you need to add the card usr/share/alsa/cards/RPi-WM8804.conf (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/master/projects/RPi/filesystem/usr/share/alsa/cards/RPi-WM8804.conf) that is gone after upgrade. Once it is added, reboot raspberry and Hifiberry will be available in passthrough.

I hope next OSMC update will keep this config card file!

Alfonso

3 Likes

Hi. With january update has the problem solved?
Thanks

To be honest, I’ve stopped using OSMC at this moment and switched to RetroPie with Kodi, where this isn’t a problem at all and which can be used with a RPi 4 in beta-release.

Hi @sam_nazarko,
Has It solved with the last kernel of january update?
Thanks

No - but I will produce a new kernel this week and update this thread.

Sam

2 Likes

Hi @sam_nazarko! Is there any news?

Not yet – no.

With the new update the issue is corrected?

No - there is no new kernel yet. This thread will be updated when there is something to test.

1 Like

It worked for me. Thanks.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

1 Like

Could you try it please?
@bengio and @tiroy
Thanks
Jan

Ok @sam_nazarko and @JanS

Excuse me…which is the command to edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list ?

Thanks

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

hi
i had osmc october 2019 2019.10-1
and now i’ve got osmc March 2020 2020.03-1.

in System/Audio i’ve chosed Alsa: snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi,S/PDIF in Audio output device
i have allowed passthrough and i’ve chosed "ALSA: snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi,S/PDIF in Passthrough device and i’ve allowed AC3 and DTS.

The audio now works! Great Job!

But… i think that a problem of my Onkyo audio amplifier…when start film, before, i have to turn off/on amplifer to listen the sound of film. Or is it a not correct setting in System Audio in OSMC?

thanks
Bye

The explanation of your problem is not clear. Can you elaborate please.