After update: hickups and needing reboot to play

I’m not sure which update caused it but lately movies and series have hickups (brief hangs) and often after using my vero after a day I have to reboot to get it to play files. No error or other message when clicking a file. After a reboot it works fine most of the time.

Where exactly are the files your trying to play located? I log generated after this stall condition happens would be useful as well…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

The log was too big so I had to upload it here:
https://volafile.org/get/DazuBob4Qgw2w/uploadlog.txt

This is the log after 2 reboots and waiting a day. The external hard drive is mounted but files won’t play as seen on timestamp 2020-06-22 21:56:36.636 T:3312448224

And here is the log after rebooting. Not the file plays although there’s the occasional hiccup that I’m not used to have with the vero.
https://paste.osmc.tv/ixajotihay

Next time this happens can you remove power from only the external hard drive, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, and then see if the file will then play without restarting the Vero.

That works. So somehow the external drive goes into sleep mode?
I still get the hiccups and even audio-drops though.

I doubt it has to do with sleep on the drive as you seem to be saying you have an intermittent and a drive sleep/spin-down issue should be very consistent and predictable. I’m suspicious of the drive itself. Do you have another USB drive you can transfer some video to and see if the hiccups go away? If it does then the next step would probably be to plug the drive into a PC and use WD drive utilities to perform a full drive scan (expect this to take most of a day to complete). If you have another power supply for the drive that matches up you could try swapping that as well.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Kodi hangs on playback start