Again, experience buffering and bad sound

Hello again,
I posted almost the same question 2019

I still use the same hardware, RPI 3B+

Yesterday I reinstalled my OSMC with version 2021.12-1

I managed to get Netflix installed (and HBO Max and Disney+).
But again I experience that the sound is out of sync and the video is buffering a little and the frame rate is a bit flickering with Netflix. With the HBO and Disney it works fine.

I tried to lower the resolution to 740*480, but the problem remains,

It seems that I manage to fix this back in 2019, but now I do not. Do you guys got any advice for me?
Best regards

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

  • enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

  • reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

  • reproduce the issue

  • upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Which version of Widevine are you using?

If it’s the latest (released this January) downloaded by Inputstream Helper then that caused the same problem with me.

You can roll back to the previous one. You can either do this by restoring from backup in Inputstream Helper settings or if the backup doesn’t exist then you could use the option in HBO Max settings or Slyguy Common settings to re-download it.

Similar threads:

Hello guys,

I just tried to grab the logs and they should be published at:
Logs available at

I activated debug-logging.
I rebooted the system, twice.
I started Netflix, really bad image quality, but the sound seems to sync.
I started HBO, the image quality ia better but buffering a lot, sound seems to be out of sync.
Same with Disney+.

I will try to see if I can figure out what version of Widevine I use I am not sure how to use an other version though.
Best regards

Hi again,
I have to admit that I found it a bit hard to find out the version of Widevine.
I tried:
osmc@osmc:~$ apt-show-versions Widevine
Widevine not installed (not available)

What do you think is the correct way to print out the version of Widevine?
Best regards

I saw that it was this was mentioned:
InputStream Helper> InputStream Helper information.

But I can not find any InputStream Helper on my OSMC, am I blind?
Best regards

Look in the list of installed add-ons

First go to Settings > Add-ons > My Addons

Then Program add-ons > InputStream Helper > Configure

InputStream Helper information will say what version of Widevine you have installed now.

Restore Widevine CDM Library will restore from backup if it exists.

Or Services > SlyGuy Common > Configure > Advanced

Then (Re)install Widevine CDM

Or Video add-ons > HBO Max > Configure > Advanced

Then same as SlyGuy Common.

You should restore or reinstall 4.10.2252.5 for the moment, then reboot and try to play something.

So, first idea which came to my mind: What about the available bandwidth with this wireless connection?

Any chance to try it with a LAN cable for tests, instead?

iperf3 is your friend checking bandwidth issues within your infrastructure.

My version of Widevine was 4.10.2391.0, so I downgraded it to 4.10.2252.5 with Services > SlyGuy Common > Configure > Advanced, Then (Re)install Widevine CDM

Disney+ works excellent
HBO Max works ok
Netflix works pretty decent a bit “grainy”

So far I think I have to be satisfied, but if you guys know any tricks to fine tune Netflix I am all ear.

How ever thanks a lot for your excellent help guys!!!

1 Like

Thanks for this, i was going mad because all streams from the two streaming providers i’m paying for suddenly started to buffer after 2 seconds, play for 1 seconds, buffer for 5 seconds, play for 1 second…

Tried a couple of suggestions about cache size, disabling HTTP2, etc yadda yadda, until i came across this thread.

Restored to 4.10.2252.5 (the newer one of the two libraries with that version) with Inpustream Helper, et voilà, i can binge trash TV again (and tonight also the Super Bowl).

Thanks a bunch, i hate having to switch to the official apps on my smart TV for this.