AirPlay Not working

** Audio Play on Yosemite Work around. **

you can use audio with yosemite, (probably with other versions as well) with this turn around.

press ALT while clicking on the Volume button in the control icon at the top of your screen, there you will see the options for audio output and KODI it will appear.

I think you can do the same in the Audio Settings of the preferences panel.

I know it has been a while since this post was last updated, but has there been any progress?

I tried to watch an MP4 video from within Quicktime & VLC yesterday, but there was no option to AirPlay it to my Model B (Pi 1) on the same network. This was on Yosemite, running 10.10.5, to OSMC July 2015 version on Pi 1 (Model B). My Mac was connected via wireless, and the Pi connected by Cat5e.

As noted above, the AirPlay notification in the Top Bar was there, and the Pi was listed, but got the:

“This AirPlay device is not compatible with this software” error as noted above.

I am using up-to-date OSMC on RPi1B+ . If I try Airplay with iPhone 3GS (iOS 6.1.6) it works fine. If I try Airplay with an iPhone 4S (iOS 9.2.1) it detects OSMC but does not complete the connection to show the picture. This is with own photo in both instances. Do I assume Apple now blocking Airplay?

It would have helped if you would have read the wiki :frowning:

You may also wanna read the Jarvis thread that gives some hope

1 Like

I have installed the latest OSMC software update today (22nd Feb 2016) on my Pi2, Air Play is still not working audio or video using iOS 9.2.1. I understood this would be solved with Kodi 16.0, Air Play is enabled in my Kodi settings, does anyone have any news or solutions.

It is not related to Kodi, but you could try installing shairport Hi-Fi Audio via AirPlay on Raspberry Pi ¡ Drew Lustro

I’ve been using this setup (for audio only) on my Pi for a couple of months now and it works perfectly.

A post was split to a new topic: Discussion breaks forum policy