Am I running OSMC 32 bit or 64 bit?

Hi,

I have a pi 3 B+ that came with an SD card that was preloaded with OSMC OS. I have no clue whether I can install 32 bit or 64 bit app versions on it. I see there are varying discussions on whether Armv7 is truly only 32 bit or if it supports 64 bit. Or there is confusion about having a 64 bit chip, but the OS is only 32 bit.

Please help me understand which software package type I can instal for my specific device.

Thanks.

It would help to know exactly what you are trying to install? You normally just install from App store or using apt, so you don’t need to worry about 32 or 64 bit.

OSMC on Pi is armv6l or armhf – so it’s 32-bit.

Only Vero supports Aarch64 under OSMC.

Sam

I am trying to install Plex Media Server. I found a 'How To" thread on this board, and the author posted a script for 32 bit or 64 bit. He stated he tested his script on an rpi 3, but didn’t indicate which version he used.

Well would have been easier if you would have linked the How To you refer to, but I assume you mean this one.

So as @sam_nazarko wrote, Pi is 32-Bit so follow that instructions. Anyhow as also written in the How To you will not break anything by using the wrong version so you also can just try and error.

Thank you, that worked.