At my wits end with the Vero 4K +

Im losing it here with this device, it constantly fails to work consistently with the Yamaha 3070 HDMI receiver. I can hear sound, but theres no picture, a restart sometimes fixes it but I shouldnt have to do that every time.

Why oh why does the Vero 4K fail to display a picture through my receiver? every other single device works flawlessly.

I’ve tried a thousand different hdmi cables - the issue is the vero.

Please help before I burn this thing to the ground!

That must be frustrating. Are you saying you don’t get a picture at all, or it just won’t play videos? Does it work when connected directly to your screen?

We really need logs to help you. If you can see the GUI and your vero is connected to the internet, then please get logs using MyOSMC. If you are not connected to the internet and you can only get a picture when vero is connected direct to your screen then set that up first. Then connect HDMI through the Yamaha, reboot and upload logs, using MyOSMC if possible or using SSH.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

What is the make and model of your display?
From your post history it looks like a settings change on your receiver remedied this before. Is that still in effect?

Sam

I previously had asked you to try a few things, but you never responded.

Did you try with the 4K directly connected to the TV to rule out the Yamaha?
Did you try to restart Kodi (sudo systemctl restart mediacenter) to see if it’s Kodi just hanging?

1 Like

hi Sam,

no the setting never made any difference, it’s been like this since on and off, just now I’m over it.

The TV is a Hisense N75"

bmillham, the Yamaha is not at fault, it works with every other single device flawlessly so using it without the Yamaha means I cant use it at all.

I cant reproduce the issue, its completely random. Can debug logging be left on and then if and when it does it, the logs would capture the issue? remember i have no ability to see whats happening when this occurs.

Can you upload a log with the cable connected directly to the TV so we can learn more about the TV?

Sam

Sure Sam, gimme a few minutes.

It just worked with the TV and AVR connected, do you just want the TV? This log is with both connected.

https://paste.osmc.tv/owiyiwomof

I need just the TV,

Cheers

I understand that you want to use the Yamaha, but I’m trying to help troubleshoot the problem. Knowing if it happens with or without the Yamaha will greatly help know what the problem may be.

How about my other question, does restarting Kodi resolve the issue, or is a reboot required?

I had another thought, does the Yamaha have an OSD? When you get the blank screen can you still get the OSD to show, and if you can does it allow you to see the input signal info (My Yamaha can do this). That may also help narrow down the problem.

Indeed.

We can certainly get you up and running, we just need a bit more to go on.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Guys

ive uploaded the new logs with the TV connected only.

https://paste.osmc.tv/efodureduq

A reboot is required of Kodi to resolve the issue.
Yes, the Yamaha has a OSD but I cant see it either when it fails, I need to change the input for it to display.

Hope this helps! Thanks

hi Sam

did that yeild any useful information?

Cheers

Sorry — haven’t had a chance to look at this yet. It’s busy here.

Ok no worries Sam.

If it’s a resolution issue, it should be fixed in the next update

Sam

I’ve no idea what it is. Whens that update?

If it’s anything like my Yamaha, first you have to go into settings - Advanced setup and change the 4K mode to Mode 1 which is 4K@60Hz that enables a 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 Chroma output passthrough.

An 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 a/b cable is also needed then.

1 Like

When it’s ready — so the next day or two

Sam

1 Like

Hi wrxtasy1, what Yamaha? I cant seem to locate an ‘Advanced’ option in my Yamaha with such settings.