Atmos issues

Ok, thanks;-)

Another 3 months and more than a year since this thread started and I guess there will never be a solution. Seems I have to finally accept that I am the only to care about this issue.

Nope you’re not the only one. Apparently it’s just a tricky one…

We are still working on it.
The problem is in Kodi, not OSMC or the hardware. We have contacted the developers who maintain these parts of AudioEngine, but we haven’t had much luck yet.

This affects other platforms too

Thank you for trying. Like I said I do not believe many people care about this and it looks like newer UHDs do not have issues with insane high bitrate Atmos audio. You need people copying their original UHD and keep the Atmos audio.
That‘s life. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the other guys win.

It’s just high-bitrate Disney Atmos movies, I thought.

It is also on Maze Runner: The Death Cure wich is 20th CF.

Must be another high bitrate Atmos title then. I believe it’s only affecting >10Mbit tracks.

I think it’s only an issue when the bitrate temporarily exceeds a certain value eg with loud bangs. Not sure if the average bitrate is the real determinant.

Yes that’s exactly it. I needed to be more clear. It only happens when the track temporarily exceeds 10Mbit.

That’s correct. It occurs because the bitpacking routine isn’t able to handle this.

Unfortunately there is some rationale with the bitpacking routine that we don’t understand. We reached out to the developer but didn’t get any response from them; so we are in the dark.

As you can see here: Atmos Audio Dropouts with UHD-BD, it does affect other devices, but we are looking in to it.

It will get fixed, but I’m not sure when yet.

I have no news at this point. As mentioned before, we can’t get in touch with the developer that wrote the bitpacking code for Kodi.

This affects all platforms (Kodi) that use this code. We are trying to resolve it but we don’t have a lot to go on.

When I have news, I will let you know. I will keep pushing it.

Sam

I believe we once sat opposite each other and you told me to say that we do not comment on future products.

Nothing for a while yet regardless.

S

I’m good (and actually on holiday for the first two weeks) :blush:

1 Like

So that’s a no? :sob:

Fixing Atmos issues.

5 Likes

This issue occurs also after copying my new Frozen 2 Blu-Ray the Atmos Track Spikes to 10.6 Mbps

Any news on this?

Edit: It seems this is the Relevant current Issue right? Kodi 18.4 crashes with high bitrate TrueHD+Atmos audio stream · Issue #16704 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Yes – this is the same issue, except the crashing has now been resolved.

Sam

Ok great to hear they are working on it. In only experienced dropouts so I first suspected my Atmos Soundbar :smiley:

I hope in can be quickly incorporated into OSMC once it is fixed upstream.

Yes, we will deploy a fix once it is ready quite promptly.

1 Like