ATV Issues

Okay I did away with the usb install and I did the hdd install on a 40gb hdd in my ATV1 and then I updated and everything is running good except one thing which I’ve seen on multiple devices and after a few days it seems to resolve it self. I don’t know why and I thought I’d ask just in case anybody else has seen this. When I go into an add-on and click on most popular it spins “working” half a turn and then nothing, other than that OSMC HDD install running Jarvis seems to be really nice. I also wanted to say I appreciate everything you guys do for us and apologies for the “DUH” comment. I wasn’t trying to be an arse but I forget how text sometimes comes off when there is no inflection to the words. I also wanted to admit that I didn’t understand how the installer worked. I kept looking for the ATV1 installer under downloads. Maybe you guys can add a note in the downloads section that gives a brief but informative explanation on how the installer works. I looked everywhere and finally found it written in the forums. I just saying if in the downloads area it said the USB stick is created on your computer so download the OSMC installer for your OS and then create the USB installer for your device. I may just think to much inside the box but I kept thinking the downloads area was directing me to download OSMC for either Windows or for OSX or for Linux meaning download the OSMC install for you OS not download the installer for your OS. Just a thought. I would click on the installer and stop it b/c I thought it was going to try and install OSMC on my Windows 10 machine. I know I’m an idiot but it had been a while since I’d installed CB so I got a bit confused. After I figured it out I felt like a complete jackleg but all is well now.

Cheers!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hard Drive Install ATV1