Bluetooth trouble after latest update, 5 seconds until the Vero 4k is responsive on Harmony actvity start

Interesting… I sometimes had the same on 193 as well. Never before. It seems to be gone as well. They properly screwed up BT on 193 :rofl:

I received the following reply from Logitech customer support:

Dear Timothy,

I have received word from level 3 support, unfortunately they informed me that they do not have a solution for this issue.

VERO 4K is not supported by Harmony either in BT mode or IR mode.

We only support the Windows PC which has inbuilt BT or BT dongle.

There is no known issue under the BT related issues using the PC. Users have to launch the PC TV Activity to control the Harmony keyboard.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Best regards,

Bozhidar
Logitech Customer Care
support.logitech.com

It also seems that the firmware was updated last night to 4.15.201 but it hasn’t impacted this issue.

A pity.

hmmm - others (@Chillbo, @WilliamG) are reporting the new firmware fixed this issue.

maybe there something else in your setup causing the issue?

I did notice after this latest Harmony hub/remote update that my Elite remote wasn’t working at all with the Vero 4K. I had to re-pair. But since doing that it’s been fine, and works through reboots without issue.

Anyone noticing a delay again? No matter what I do, no matter if bluetooth or my RF solution, no matter which play (Vero 4k, shield tv etc), I have that annoying delay again on FIRST start of any activity, If I change activities while another is already active, there is no delay. The delay is now always there for me when I „activate“ the hub with any kind of activity. When I do that with the iOS App I will actually see that the activity is getting started, my avr and tv turn on, I see the gui of the player on my tv… but in the app it is still „getting started“ for many seconds and only when that is done, the remote input is working.

Logitech is such a shitty company. I tried everything (again) and can‘t get rid of the annoying behavior, Logitech either implemented some kind of energy saving (so that the hub is lazy getting started) or the cloud based service is ultra slow. I believe it is some problem with the cloud because the delay varies alot. Probably had the interns supervise the system during the holiday. I just wish there was an alternative to harmony.

It is Firmware 4.15.206 and this time even a downgrade doesn‘t help… so this might be really about Logitech‘s shitty cloud service.

edit: After further testing, I could identify the problem, would be nice if anyone can confirm: The delay comes from the start sequence when the input of the TV or AVR is selected. If I scrap this from the start sequence, everything is immensely fast and instantly responsive. So the start sequence contains only turning on the devices.

Ok guys, after spending the whole afternoon on the issue here is the explanation how Logitech fcked up and may have fcked some of you royally, especially those who did not see the delay gone with newer Firmware.

The Firmwares after 193 are just fine. Logitech messed up something else, especially the profiles of some devices. For instances they somehow gave my TV a 10 second startup delay. That is the first attribute you see when you go into edit devices and delay settings. This first settings determines how long it takes for a device to accept any input after startup. So if you had an activity where you start my TV and then later on that startup routine define that HDMI 1 is selected, the hub would fricking wait 10 seconds until the command for „change input to HDMI 1“ is sent because it assumes the TV would not be correctly responsive for 10 fricking seconds. 2 or 3 seconds, sure… but 10?

And the whole problem with THAT is, unless the WHOLE startup routine is completed (including input changes) the fricking hub would not send any commands to your devices, hence the overall delay and the feeling that the remote is not connected to your Vero 4k. It is actually but any commands are blocked because your are still in the startup routine.

I did not have that 10 second setting in the past, so Logitech obviously had the whole profile changed without informing their consumers. Unfcking believable.

Long Story short: If you still suffer from massive delays upon starting harmony activities, check what Logitech defined as the input delay settings under edit devices - Your TV and/or AVR - because they might have changed those to completely fcked up high values like 10s

And the reason why they did that of course was to be on the safe side that their startup routines always work, meaning that no commands would be lost because of a device not being ready. And probably to please messy consumers, who rendered their device mostly unresponsive, like a Sony Android TV overloaded with useless apps, hence probably needing 10 seconds for anything.

1 Like

You star!

My Harmony Hub is amazing but my AV receiver would not pick up any commands immediately after starting.
You have solved it as I hadn’t understood the Input Delay option.
Now all perfect.

Thanks

My pleasure :slight_smile:

The hub is actually a fine hardware product, unfortunately the software guys fck up more often than anyone would like.