Bose Bluetooth Headphones, "Call From..."

Ok, but when Bluetooth Headphones are off you should get sound from the TV on HDM1

No, just disable passthrough. this is not needed for Bluetooth (not sure where you read that is might be needed).
Passthrough would give the digital (unchanged audio stream) to the receiving device and if the receiving device can not handle that stream (in this case your TV can’t then you will not get any sound).

Ok, but when Bluetooth Headphones are off you should get sound from the TV on HDM1

Yep audio works just fine when the headphones are not on and connected.

No, just disable passthrough. this is not needed for Bluetooth (not sure where you read that is might be needed).

Ohh I think I understand now, it’s a limitation of the TV it’s self. That would explain a few things I guess ahah
Well thanks for looking into it and helping! Time for a TV upgrade I guess. Would you know if all new modern TV’s would support a digital sound format support?

I can not speak for all but surely many (the specs will tell you).
But to be honest to expect magic sending DD5.1 or 7.1 to a TV that has limited speakers.

Coming back to your bluetooth problem.
Can you post once more the output of pactl list sources short and also pactl list cards

Oh ahh the osmc@osmc:~$ pactl list sources short

1       alsa_output.platform-aml_m8_snd.46.analog-stereo.monitor        module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
    2       alsa_input.platform-aml_m8_snd.46.analog-stereo module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
    7       bluez_sink.2C_41_A1_4F_54_1A.headset_head_unit.monitor  module-bluez5-device.c  s16le 1ch 8000Hz        SUSPENDED
    8       bluez_source.2C_41_A1_4F_54_1A.headset_head_unit        module-bluez5-device.c  s16le 1ch 8000Hz        SUSPENDED
    osmc@osmc:~$ pactl set-card-profile 7 a2dp_sink
    Failure: No such entity
    osmc@osmc:~$ ^C

And the pactl list cards

Card #0
        Name: alsa_card.platform-aml_m8_snd.46
        Driver: module-alsa-card.c
        Owner Module: 17
        Properties:
                alsa.card = "0"
                alsa.card_name = "AML-M8AUDIO"
                alsa.long_card_name = "AML-M8AUDIO"
                device.bus_path = "platform-aml_m8_snd.46"
                sysfs.path = "/devices/aml_m8_snd.46/sound/card0"
                device.string = "0"
                device.description = "AML-M8AUDIO"
                module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
                device.icon_name = "audio-card"
        Profiles:
                input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 60, available: yes)
                output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
                output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6060, available: yes)
                output:hdmi-stereo: Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 5400, available: yes)
                output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output + Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 5460, available: yes)
                output:hdmi-surround71: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI) Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 300, available: yes)
                output:hdmi-surround71+input:analog-stereo: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI) Output + Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 360, available: yes)
                off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
        Active Profile: output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
        Ports:
                analog-input: Analog Input (priority: 10000, latency offset: 0 usec)
                        Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo, output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo, output:hdmi-surround71+input:analog-stereo
                analog-output: Analog Output (priority: 9900, latency offset: 0 usec)
                        Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
                hdmi-output-0: HDMI / DisplayPort (priority: 5900, latency offset: 0 usec)
                        Properties:
                                device.icon_name = "video-display"
                        Part of profile(s): output:hdmi-stereo, output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo, output:hdmi-surround71, output:hdmi-surround71+input:analog-stereo

Card #3
        Name: bluez_card.2C_41_A1_4F_54_1A
        Driver: module-bluez5-device.c
        Owner Module: 20
        Properties:
                device.description = "LE-WillQC35"
                device.string = "2C:41:A1:4F:54:1A"
                device.api = "bluez"
                device.class = "sound"
                device.bus = "bluetooth"
                device.form_factor = "headphone"
                bluez.path = "/org/bluez/hci0/dev_2C_41_A1_4F_54_1A"
                bluez.class = "0x240418"
                bluez.alias = "LE-WillQC35"
                device.icon_name = "audio-headphones-bluetooth"
        Profiles:
                headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 20, available: yes)
                a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 10, available: yes)
                off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
        Active Profile: headset_head_unit
        Ports:
                headphone-output: Headphone (priority: 0, latency offset: 0 usec)
                        Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit, a2dp_sink
                headphone-input: Bluetooth Input (priority: 0, latency offset: 0 usec)
                        Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit

I don’t really have that much of a grasp or understanding of the system workings above it’s all pretty gibberish to me ahah, so your help is greatly appreciated!! :slight_smile:

Well they normally are in idle
Also I wonder why they are numbered 7/8 as if the service failed multiple times. Which is mostly also the reason that it’s Card 3 instead of 1.

Maybe try pactl set-card-profile bluez_card.2C_41_A1_4F_54_1A a2dp_sink

oh wow thats amazing, that has worked, there is sound now. Thank you!! :slight_smile: Do you know if there is a way that would allow me to use both the TV’s audio speakers and the bluetooth speakers at the same time?

Let’s hope it still work after reboot.

Not trivial with the setup as it is designed to automatically switch.

See
https://discourse.osmc.tv/search?q=Bluetooth%20HDMI%20same%20time

Happy to report, still working after multiple reboots and multiple Bluetooth device connections!
Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like