Broken after update

Well, depends on how messed up the system is. Doing

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv .kodi .kodi-backup_20170206
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

normally should reset you to the starting point. If that doesn’t help then only a full reinstall

Thanks I’ll try that in a little bit.

I ran what you suggested to reset it and it came back up but still had issues when I tried to calibrate the screen. So I rebooted and now I get this.

I would suggest a reinstallation.

See Reinstalling OSMC - Vero (late 2015) - OSMC

Thanks Sam.

Still broken. I installed the latest build on 2 different sdcards and the Vero doesn’t respond. I still get the same error screen as posted earlier.

Going to try to force it to read one of the cards next.

Did you see the OSMC installer come up?
You will receive visual confirmation when the installer runs

No. The installer doesn’t come up. It starts with “please stand by” then goes straight to the error from my picture.

I followed the troubleshooting tip to stick a toothpick in the hole and now the installer is running.

How do I clean OSMC off of the SD card when I’m done?

The files will be deleted and only installer.log will be left on the SD card when it’s done

What about the other card that I imaged and didn’t use?

You can format it under your OS

I have an 8gb card and a 32gb card and both now only show as 239 MB.

You need to fix the partitions. On Windows this can be done with Disk Manager

I figured it out using Diskpart

Good stuff.

OSMC installer images only use a 256M fat32 partition.

Okay. This really sucks. I spent all this time getting it re-installed then ran the update again and started setting things up. Then I re-booted it and now the same error message has come back up and OSMC doesn’t load again. I’m going to re-install again and then go to bed. I’m loosing too much sleep over this.

You mean the “can not find root” or you mean sad face?

the “can not find root” I haven’t seen the sad face at all.

I have it back up and running on the previous build for now. I’ll try and update later. I need to get to bed.