Cannot install any addons after upgrading to 2019.04-1

Do what?

Updates to make hyperion.ng ease of install is in the works! We will be notified once it’s complete.

Sorry I replied to your post above but it doesn’t seem to work for some reason - how to update the repository.

add on browser --> install from repo --> kodi add-on repo --> left arrow --> check for updates.

good?

I’m so dyslexic I thought your username was floatingwiki

Do another update from MyOSMC, I just did it

Please see my reply over in the main hyperion thread.

1 Like

How do you change the repository?

Did you update the repository after your OSMC update? The actual Kodi repository needs to be updated. I’m using the Aura skin, it’s pretty easy to find using that skin. That solved my problem right away. I was unable to install a single add-on after my upgrade until Sam reminded me the repo needs updating to 18 as well. Did you get it all working now?

The question was how to change the repository.

You don’t need to change it; just update the contents.

@nbraunstein’s instructions are correct:

2 Likes

The left arrow menu has been cut off since the Leia update. Do you know why?

Are you talking about the default Kodi add-on repo, the only one that is installed by default? Are you using the default OSMC skin?

I’m also confused by your question.

You need to adjust your video calibration settings. System settings --> video --> video calibration.

Or switch back your resolution to 1920x1080p and refresh rate at 60.0hz. Its probably at UHD right now.

Yes, that is the correct button too, FYI.

No, it’s at 1080p

This is incorrect. Never do this unless absolutely necessary. You should first ensure that the GUI is set to 1080p. If there is still overscan present, use the TV’s settings to change the wide mode/aspect ratio/overscan settings (different manufacturer have different names) to 1:1 or just or whatever setting provides full screen output.

Using Kodi calibration will diminish video quality and should only be a last resort.

1 Like

Well, I already adjusted the calibration and moved the arrows per @nbraunstein’s advice. How do I uncalibrate it now? :roll_eyes:

Set all back to zero.

I’m resetting mine back to zero. I did not know that.

Thanks, changing the TV aspect ratio settings to “just scan” fixed the issue. Another off-topic question, should the refresh rate be set to 59.94 or 60?

I have mine set to 60. Also turned on is adjust refresh rate on always. Default is off, there is also on start/stop and just on start.

Can the developers confirm that 60 is optimal or maybe anyone knows what the 59.94 setting is for at all? I am not familiar with that frame rate, but there has to be a logical reason for it being there.

They have the same option on a rPi, I never questioned it. I don’t have any audio/video sync issues and if I do, it’s usually related to my Hyperion build. Keep in mind this is only for the UI. Set adjust refresh rate to always in player settings. At least that’s my two cents. Been running pretty well lately.

1 Like