Can't get any 3D to work

Well that’s apparently one mystery (partially) solved anyway - it seems the “Vero 2” does not like driving HDMI through our switch-box …

Having (shut down and) unplugged the “Vero 2”, then used a different HDMI input (not through a switch-box), and OSMC has correctly recognised that the T.V. is capable of 1920x1080p and that’s how it’s brought it up.

Now, this is interesting … I’ve run OSMC on a “rPi 2”, using exactly the same switch-box (heck, using exactly the same lead plugged into exactly the same port!) and it detected a 3D capable display and allowed me to put the menus into 3D mode correctly (didn’t try playing 3D content as OSMC on an “rPi 2” was just an experiment to see whether it was worth buying a “Vero 2” box - and I still believe it was …). I’ve also quite happily played back 3D content from an LG 3D Blu-Ray player plugged into the same port and using the same lead. So other devices, including OSMC on a different hardware platform, have been able correctly to figure out the T.V. capabilities. The switch box is supposedly (and actually, as the LG player works through it) 3D capable, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

So now OSMC on our “Vero 2” is at least driving the display … let’s go with “properly”. However it still won’t display 3D content. I can now force the menus into 3D mode, though they don’t actually appear 3D and the T.V. doesn’t recognise 3D content so I just get 2 SBS (or TAB) images; if I then manually kick the T.V. into 3D mode, and select SBS, I get a single display back again but the image does not appear to be 3D. If I start a 3D movie, the T.V. reports kicking itself back out of (forced) 3D mode into 2D.

So another step in hopefully the right direction, but still no 3D …