Can't update vero 4K

Hi,

I’m on the nov 2020 install and I’m trying to update it but it doesn’t work. doing the manual update in Kodi starts downloading but then nothing happens. I ssh to the device and I get the following error when I run the update:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get update

Get:1 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease [65.4 kB]

Get:2 Index of /debian buster InRelease [122 kB]

Get:3 Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease [51.9 kB]

Hit:5 Index of /node_14.x/ buster InRelease

Hit:4 Index of /osmc/osmc/apt buster InRelease

Reading package lists… Done

E: Repository ‘http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable’ to ‘oldstable’

N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

N: Repository ‘Index of /debian buster InRelease’ changed its ‘Version’ value from ‘10.10’ to ‘10.11’

E: Repository ‘Index of /debian buster InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable’ to ‘oldstable’

N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

E: Repository ‘Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable-updates’ to ‘oldstable-updates’

not sure what the issue is. I did install nodes for using the home bridge but I seen the update windows in Kodi earlier so its probably not that.

any input would be helpful.

Try the hotfix in this link

Very good this hotfix. I was in the same situation, stuck with Kodi 18.9 and no upgrade. Followed the instructions, applied the hotfix and everything else worked like a charm.

I wonder, why do we have to scout for a hotfix in order to perform the upgrade?

Can you suggest where it could be made more visible?

I am sorry, I didn’t mean to be picky. After re-reading my original post it sounded as such but I had no intention to be picky right from the beginning :slight_smile:

Only if it is possible and you deem appropriate, I can only suggest a shortcut at the end of the wiki page Keeping your OSMC system up to date - General - OSMC

The link should point to the hotfix and should be clearly intended for those people (like me) who noticed that following the instructions from the wiki did not lead to a successful result.

The issue that caused the hotfix to be necessary was a one time problem that is not expected to occur again. This is the reason it was listed in the very first position in the Kodi 19 troubleshooting FAQ.

Thank you! It worked! As always awesome support and customer service!