Connect to Synology via Wifi to access files

If you want to specify a single IP to have access, you have to append its subnet mask in decimal with a slash after the IP. Look at the description of your screenshot, last sentence at the bottom. I assume you’re using a standard subnet of 192.168.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. This is /24 because it uses the whole first three octets or 24 bits of its subnet. Anyway, just change 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.101/24. This assumes 192.168.1.101 is the IP of your Vero.

€dit: Just reading the three sentences at the bottom again. It shouldn’t be necessary to append the /24 if you only want a single IP to have access. On my 918+ it works despite the /24. Oh, well …/€dit

Yet, it’s in the Vero’s file system. I didn’t know you were using Kodi’s GUI to mount the share. It’s possible but not as fast as kernel-based mounts. These are covered in grahamh’s tutorial section OSMC as a client – using fstab or autofs or here in detail. You can access your Vero via ssh by opening a terminal.

I did the same about a year ago, here’s my thread on how I set up NFS shares on a DS 918+ and mounted shares kernel-based with a Vero.