Dead Remote

My remote has been finicky since day one where pressing down does not always register (looking at the IR window and not seeing the blue LED on all presses).
It was a minor annoyance, but not the end of the world.
Today it stopped working entirely.
No matter what button I push the blue LED doesn’t light up.
Put in a fresh Energizer CR2032 that I verified as good with a battery tester and still nothing.
So I’m looking at how the battery sits in the capartment and I don’t see how it even makes contact with the positive end of the CR2032.
It looks like there should be something on the south west side of the battery maybe.
Could someone post a picture of there remote battery installed in the remote but with the battery cover off?

Hi

Can you take a photo of how the battery sits in your remote?

Sam

Google Photos

It looks too flat, it should be slightly protruding at the bottom left.

Do you have a previous post or support ticket about this?

We exchanged messages about the intermitent button but never did a ticket or RMA.

Google Photos

Can you let me know the order number?

Sam

Order #18731

Thanks – I can see you contacted me at the end of September reporting an issue with the remote, but I didn’t receive a reply from you after my last message.

The remote is out of the warranty period and from the scratches on the back of it, it looks like it has seen some tough times.

We stand behind our products and you should find them rugged. I am more than happy to send you a new remote control. Can you confirm if your address is still the same?

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

My address is the same.
Thank you!

A replacement has now shipped for you and should be with you in a few days

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you soooooo much Sam!
I was looking at a website that had teardown images of the OSMC remote and it looks like the piece that makes contact for the positive side of the cell broke off some how.

I have yet to receive it in the mail.
Is there tracking for the package?

No - the item is too small to send on a tracked service

I have a similar problem with my remote. My Vero 4k is about 2 years old and I was always concerned about the way the battery cover didn’t seem to fit well (not flush with the body of the remote, especially on the right side). It’s worked OK though until recently when I started to have the same issue of having to press more than once for the command to register (often 3 or 4 tries). Unlike the op however, the blue led always flashes, and it hasn’t died altogether like his did.
I’ve cleaned the battery terminals and replaced the battery with no improvement. The only thing that seems to help is to press down on the top right corner of the battery cover when pressing a button on the remote, but even then it doesn’t always work on the first press.
Any suggestions for anything else I might try would be welcome.

If the blue LED always flashes then it’s not going to be a battery contact issue.

Have you tried re-pairing the remote by holding Home and OK, and have you tried another battery?

Sam

Indeed, try this Pairing the Original Black OSMC RF Remote Control with a Pi/Vero2/4k/4k+, first.

Thanks for the replies.
I tried an unused battery that I’ve had for awhile and just in case it was stale I also bought a new one. Neither one made any difference.
Just tried the re-pairing process but that didn’t help either.
It’s getting late here, I’ll try the re-pairing again tomorrow if I have time.

Tried going thru the remote pairing process again. Vero 4k powered on, removed the USB receiver, Held Home and OK, blue LED doesn’t flash but stays on solid. After releasing the Home and OK the blue light goes out but immediately comes back on - only very faintly. Plug the USB receiver back in - blue light doesn’t flash. Powered off for 2 minutes, turned back on, remote still takes multiple button presses before registering the command on the Vero much of the time (any button).

Can you post a log with the receiver connected?

Thanks

Sam

https://paste.osmc.tv/elalurupuq