Dependancy failed for local file system. After July update

I have replied to your email.

Sam

Hello
I am willing to send my Vero device to you guys to diagnose it and figure out a major loophole in it, and you guys can not even provide return labels?
This is your own hardware, isn’t that right?
I am amazed

Hi

I have provided some instructions for debugging and some suggestions for how to return the device to a stable state, but replies have been slow and I have been unable to ascertain the problem, so I can only suggest to save you some time that we get the device in my hands.

You seem to have omitted the fact that we can cover return postage if the item is faulty, we just can’t print a return label.

We can only print return labels in the UK as provided by our postal operator, Royal Mail. We can however reimburse return costs if a fault is found.

Please consider this is purely anecdotal based on the fact that this thread is stagnant and we have not seen a high number of reports considering the number of units sold. Regardless, we’re keen to investigate and resolve the issue, so please leave the device in a broken state and return it to us so we can replicate the problem.

Sam

what do u mean 'if the fault is found"?

Well, my guess would be if the fault is in the hardware or bundled software instead of somebody installing the wrong image, deliberately deleting files, microwaving the sd card. You know, things it would be unreasonable for Sam to pay to find out.

But, how r u planing to fix my update problem, when I bought the device it was based on the term “guaranteed updates for at least 3 year”.

What happens to that guarantee?

You understand that I got stuck at June’15 release and not able to do your ‘guaranteed updates’ in the first year of my device.

You got to resolve this problem

Hi

I’ve tried to help you here but we seem to have exhausted avenues to debug the issue remotely. We’ll need to get the item back to find out what’s wrong

Sam

And I am willing to send it, you need to pay for the shipping

Stop wasting his time. He already told you what you need to do. Stop whining and send the thing back.

Or is the reason you don’t want to send it back because you know the only thing wrong with it is something you did?

MIND YOUR LANGUAGE Karnage, by the way who are you?

I am not whining. I did not get it free - I paid hard cash for it.
And what about the promise of “guaranteed updates for at least 3 year”

OSMC WILL HAVE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM,

OSMC WILL HAVE TO HONOR ME THE “guaranteed updates for at least 3 year” promise

Then can I say, that you dont really want to pay for shipping because YOU CAN NOT FIX THIS PROBLEM. - and may be thats the reason you stopped selling VERO1. And you know I will not send it without you paying shipping.

PS : I am not saying it, what I want to mean is anyone can speculate anything.

ATTN: @sam_nazarko
for SAM:
Please disregard above lines, these were for Karnage
I think the main topic is getting diverted.
I am requesting you, to help me resolve this issue.
Thanks

We seem to be going in a circle here.

• We can only fix the problem if we know what the issue is
  • We can’t work out what the issue is. You haven’t provided a single log. That’s okay – we can understand users don’t want to chase down issues, so it’s best to send it to us.
  • You can return the device and we can investigate the issue
  • We cannot print return labels as our shipping provider does not provide this capability for international orders
  • If you ship the device, and we find a fault, we will cover the shipping cost.

You were insistent on email based contact but then reverted back to the forum. Let’s stick to one method of communication

ATTN: @sam_nazarko
Sam:
Was reading the forum, and want to try the "OSMC_TGT_vero1_20151027_sdfix.img " as a final try.
How can i get this image?

Whaaaaa it isnt working!
Well, send it back and we will have a look at it.
Whaaaaa it isn’t working!
Like I said, send it back and we can set what the problem is.
Do you even want to have problem fixed?
Just send it back!

Not a single person who has complained about this issue has sent the device back. I think you are just a troll looking to waste the time of a busy guy.

1 Like

R U his slut?
If he is busy he can tell me.

Ha! You want to start this?

Bring it.

Send the thing back already. He already said he would reimburse the postage costs if it is broken. What are you waiting for?

Are you prolonging this because you are so very desperate for human interaction? How sad.

Wanted to do a clean install on my Vero today, since I was changing the remote media location and starting to use mysql db instead of local.

I was running an OSMC version from autumn 2015 with the 3.14 kernel, since the other kernels didn’t work on my Vero.
Before doing a clean install, I tried to update, just to see it fail. And so it did… Dependancy failed after update.

Did a clean install of february build, and got dependancy failed again.
Changed the kernel back to 3.14, and OSMC booted. The Vero remote wouldn’t work now, and found some other smaller bugs.

Tried a clean install with another SD card, but still got dependancy failed.

Did a clean install of the good old june build (on the SD card that I got with the Vero), and the Vero remote worked again.
Ran update, and it actually worked now with february update running 4.4 kernel.
Rebooted, expecting it to hang on startup, but it started as it should.

I have no idea why it’s working now, but I expect it to fail again on an update in the future.
I’ve done a clean june install and updated earlier (autumn 2015), but it didn’t work then.
So something have changed, or I was just very lucky this try.

At the moment I have a fully functioning Vero, for the first time in 9 months :slight_smile:

Yeah, that mirrors my experiences. I am happy for you that it works now. But you are right, it might fail unexpectedly.

I get the feeling it has something to do with the power being supplied to the unit at some crucial moment during the install / update process. But I am not sure.

I have had my Vero 1 out of commission for a while (I bought a RPI 3 to replace it) But I might try to install it again one of these days…

My Vero told me that there were an update available today. I clicked on no, to avoid disaster.
Just did a reboot, bacause of some library problems. Guess what? Dependancy failed… (haven’t updated)
Pulled the power and tried again. This time it booted normally.

It feels like I’m living on the edge, and never know if the Vero is going to start if I reboot.
Maybe I should just never update, reboot or power off my Vero again, just to make it work as long as possible :stuck_out_tongue:

If it takes a couple of boots, this indicates issue with DDR50 timing. Previously we used to delay a little bit in sd_set_bus_speed_mode() to stabilise and prevent CRC errors. It was removed as no one reported benefit with this patch and we thought it could be causing the issue. We can easily re-add it.

The issue won’t get any ‘worse’, as that’s not a hardware problem, and in fact a different issue to the problem reported in this post

Just updated to April update, and it’s still working.

@sam_nazarko When was the sd_set_bus_speed_mode() removed? Around July update?

I’ve been having dependancy failed issues since July update. (as you can see in my previous posts)