Disabled "Show empty TV shows" not working correctly

Not yet but we have made a note of this

Sam

Hey, sorry for bumping the topic, but after updating to OSMC 18.x (via OSMC update) I still have the same issue, same conditions with OSMC skin. Just wondering whether anything has happened since last year.
UPDATE: never mind, just checked the last comment with the linked issue, will try the workaround soon. Silly me just missed that one in the last few months.

I’ve tried reproducing this on my test setup as well as my daily driver (a Vero 4K). Wasn’t able to reproduce the issue… Wondering whether it could be related to a library carried on from an older Kodi version. Both my libraries are quite fresh (not older than v17) and I don’t see the behaviour you’ve shown here.

Could you explain to me again what I have to do to reproduce? When deactivating “Show empty TV shows”, empty TV shows never seem to show up here - neither when opening the TV show section from the home menu nor when going back from a TV show to the initial TV show window. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Basically what happeded to me is described here: OSMC Skin Bug - "Show empty TV shows" disabled setting ignored upon initial node entry - #12 by Alamei
The link for the TV Shows menu item was not set to Common > TV Shows (via the link videodb://movies/titles/) when I had the issue but rather some other node was selected (cannot remember now, maybe Videos > TV Shows > Titles, the link was library://video/movies/titles.xml/).
I originally had v16 Kodi which was updated to v17 then v18, maybe the v16 version still had the old link which was carried over to v17+18 or maybe I manually changed it sometime (can’t recall it).

Quickly checked… We’re using ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return) as our default for the skin - whether it’s without the skin shortcuts script or with it running. :+1:t2:

It must be something carried over from an older config you’re using then. By default the issue should be gone since I changed this back in April 2018: Basic adjustments following changes to skinning engine · Ch1llb0/skin.osmc@a15b76d · GitHub

Awesome. Happy to see this is fixed, however if anybody else had config carried over they would have to manually change the skin shortcuts as I did recently. I guess this thread can be closed.

Will mark this as solved. :+1:t2: