Do not use "idle mode" in my Vero2

After few hours without using Vero2, I have to restart it while I set to never stop.
This looks like an idle process because my remote control on my iPhone finds Vero2 and allows me to do a reboot of the system.

I want Vero2 never off. My old Kodi on Raspberry PI 2 did.
Can someone explain to me how to make my Vero2 doesn’t enter in sleeping mode.
Thank you in advance.

Hi

Can you explain the issue in a bit more detail? The Vero 2 will enter a lower power mode after some inactivity, but the network shouldn’t drop out on you. Are you connected via WiFi or Wireless? You seem to be able to connect to the device without issue.

Which version of OSMC are you using?

Hello

The issue is the following:
When the Lower power mode is active, We are not able to “wake up” the Vero 2 with tv remote. The only way is to use wifi remote on iPhone to reboot Vero 2.
How can I switch off the Lower power mode ? Un the settings (system > energy) I put it to “off” but it is not ok.

What I want is:
I turn off the tv and let the Vero 2 activated.
The day after, I come back. Vero 2 is still activated and I can use it directly (no reboot, no electric unplug,…)

Thank You

Sorry my poor english :wink:

My vero 2 is up to date. July updates are installed

Do you have an AV receiver between? Try turning that on first.

No, Vero 2 is connect to an HDMI port of my tv.

Is there a configuration file to edit to disable the Lower power mode ?

The lower power is just caused by dropping the CPU governor. It shouldn’t be affecting your HDMI connection. Can you upload a system journal via SSH so I can see HPD events for HDMI?

Sam

What log file do you need ?
In /var/log ?

sudo journalctl | paste-log

Ok, thank you.
I’ll try to get it and to upload it when I’ll be at home.

For information, I’ve tried:

• Another hdmi port
  • Another hdmi cable
  • Plug my old Raspberry PI 2 (with OpenElec) instead of Vero 2 and the system was ok 10 hours laters.

Can I put the Raspberry SD card in Vero 2 SD slod and boot from this sd card to see if the issue comes from OSMC or from hardware issue ?
If it is possible, how can I set Vero to boot to this SD card ?

No

This may help – would you be willing to try this?

Sam

Hi,

These are log files asked:

Can you explain me what I must do with the hdmi_tx file ? Just replace it and reboot ? Is it risky ?

Hi

You can’t brick your Vero, so things aren’t really risky, but you can’t update it in this way.

Jul 19 07:50:16 osmc kernel: hdmi detect: unplug.

You seem to have hundreds of hotplug events in a very short time period. This suggests to me a potentially problematic HDMI cable. Can you try using the one that we supplied you with?

You can also try these commands:

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list

http://apt.osmc.tv jessie main

change it to

http://apt.osmc.tv/jessie-devel main 

Then run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.

These will give you the changes that I have made to hotplugging.

One final question: have you always had this problem, or is it only recently?

Sam

Hi…

I have plugged the supplied hdmi cable this morning.
I’ll check tonight.

The problem is present since I bought the machine (1 or 2 monthes).

Hi…

I’ve tried with supplied hdmi cable : does not work
I’ve tried the update you have explained July 20, 2016 3.07pm : does not work

Vero 2 and my old Rapsberry 2 (openelec/kodi) are connected to the tv.
I have tried all possibles type of connections (change hdmi cable, change hdmi port, switch hdmi port, switch hdmi cable)… Nothing works!
Except Rapsberry 2 which, of course, works with no problem !

I am very disapointed.
I’ve hesitated between Rapsberry 3 and Vero 2 before to choose Vero 2 (most expansive) for x265 support.
I regret my choice.

I would upload a new set of logs so we can see if you did update the kernel, and if there are an clues.

But I don’t quite understand your problem. What are the minimum number of steps that I need to do to replicate your problem? If I can replicate it here, then I can fix it.

How is your Vero connected to the TV? Via an AVR or HDMI switch, or directly? Can you try a direct connection to the TV and see if the problem persists?

My problem is very simple actually.
Vero2 is connected directly to the HDMI port on the TV. 2 HDD are connected to it from USB port (one HDD for movies and the other one for tv shows). 1 HDD is self-powered (via USB) and the other to a power supply.
OSMC is set to not go out and no standby. As my other Kodi.
When I finished my movie, I turn off the TV. But not Vero2.
I come back the next day (at least 6 hours later), I turn on the TV, go on the Vero2 channel … The TV said that there is nothing connected. I have to reboot Vero2.

Nothing serious in itself. But very boring.
Vero2 remote control does not wake Vero2. Only a reboot with an iPhone app or electrical disconnection works.
My wife and my kids need to electrically disconnect Vero2 when they want to use it. No cool!

I am ok to test what you want, to send logs files or conf files…

Okay. It goes without saying that this isn’t expected behaviour. What TV do you have?

When your TV is turned off, the HPD is deasserting. Then for some reason, it’s not reasserting. The fact that you can login via SSH suggests that the system isn’t freezing.

Did you update your kernel as instructed above? What does uname -a now show?

If you boot up Vero 2, turn off the TV, and then turn it back on after a minute, do you still have a problem, or is it only after a long period of time? If you can replicate it quickly, then it will be easier to resolve the issue.

Your original log shows that the hdmi cable is being unplugged and replugged every 20s. You will see ‘hdmi detect: plug’ and ‘hdmi detect: unplug’ periodically. The only time I have seen this before was when I had a faulty HDMI cable.

Is this a 720p TV?

Does echo ‘edid_on’ > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config (may need to sudo -s first) help?

The fact that you can login via SSH suggests that the system isn’t freezing.

Correct

Did you update your kernel as instructed above? What does uname -a now show?

Yes, I did. The command response : Linux osmc 3.10.102-5-osmc #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 17:27:46 UTC 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

If you boot up Vero 2, turn off the TV, and then turn it back on after a minute, do you still have a problem, or is it only after a long period of time?

Only after long period of time. few hours (4 or 6 hours).

The only time I have seen this before was when I had a faulty HDMI cable.

I’ve tried 5 differents hdmi cables. These cables are ok for my old Rapsberry Pi2 on the same TV and same hdmi port.
And if hdmi cables were faulty, I think that playing movies will have troubles but it’s not.

What TV do you have?

My TV is a Sony-55XD8599. Three monthes old. TV 4K.
And as I’ve already say, my Old Raspberry PI2 works very well with this TV, these hdmi cables.
I’ve tried Vero2 with another tv (Sony, 5 years old), same issue.
I think that TV is not the explanation of the problem.