Does OSMC work on Raspberry pi 4?

Yes - covered in this and other threads

Sam

Just curious, does anyone know what the ETA is for this?

RIght now I am using LibreELEC on the Pi4 - 2GB, and quite frankly I am getting sick of it.

We are planning to target it for the release of Kodi v19, which has already hit beta 1.

1 Like

For now I use RETROPIE on my PI4 and it works great, obvious with Kodi plug-in.

Does that support 3D-MVC and uncompressed, HD audio?

No – 3D MVC is only defined in the V4L2 spec but not yet implemented.
HD audio is WIP

1 Like

will osmc for rpi4 run on 64 or 32 bit?

cheers
bendsch

1 Like

i am on raspbian 64 bit on my rpi 4, noticed that most of the video is not playing though (youtube, etc.) if hardware acceleration is on in browser. hope that will be fixed with osmc for rpi4.

will it be as easy as described in this article to switch to the 64-bit kernel?

cheers
bendsch

I think pi4 support will be introduced with the release of Kodi 19 ( I think it’s in alpha now)

So it’s still quite a bit until we get osmc support and I’m not sure if there will be hardware acceleration out of the gate.

The kernel will be 64-bit
Userland is 32-bit.

thank for the answer sam. does that mean, that all installed packages will run on 32 bit?

@k2u3 kodi 19 is already in second beta. they say it‘s no unlikely we will se a release in early 2021.

cheers
bendsch

No – it will depend on the packages you install.
Same approach for 4K/4K+

oh ok, so most packages will be 32-bit in the beginning i guess, but you could technically already install 64-bit versions if available?

The kernel will be 64-bit
Userland is armhf (32-bit)

This is the best blend of performance and compatibility - add-ons like Netflix rely on armhf Widevine libraries.

ok, thank you for the info.

Please stay in the testing thread with issues related to the testing version of OSMC

Sam, does this mean anything with regard to 3D support on the Pi4?

No - this doesn’t change anything.

1 Like