I have the newest OSMC release installed with only a single source smb source for TV shows and appear to get duplicate shows for the latest show of a series. Cleaning the DB doesn’t get rid of them and if I manually delete it then it gets recreated next time the drive gets scanned. The first entry listed is also unplayable, when selected nothing happens and some times when selected a second time it will prompt you to continue from some number of minutes in the show but still nothing happens. The second entry works as expected.
I tried that, sadly I could not find the file location in the gui. But after digging through the DB I have found the source of my problem. The drive is littered with ._* files! This is because OSX finder likes to leave these laying around… How do people get around this? I’ve deleted them all but they will be created the next time I copy a file over. :\
PS this explains why the episode was not playable, it isn’t actually a video file!
So the best answer I’ve found so far is to add this to your “~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml” file (create it if it doesn’t exist, which it doesn’t by default.) This will get it to ignore files that start with ._ during scans!
It seems to me this could be an option somewhere in the GUI to make it a little more friendly seeing as this question is repeated many many times.
Does anybody know if this fix has already been rolled-out to Vero? I guess not since I am getting the issue on my new Vero. How can I tell if/when this will be fixed? Meanwhile I am going to try to figure out how to create and add the advancedsettings.xml file on my Vero. If anybody has more detailed instructions I would really appreciate it as I am completely new to this.
Thanks for the link. I had already created the file. I was looking for more of a step by step guide to installing the advancedsettings.xml file on my Vero. I think I have figured it out though. I used an SFTP client on my Mac to copy it to “~/.kodi/userdata/” and restarted the Vero. Just waiting to see if it has fixed the issue. In case others read this, apparently it’s important that the file is saved in ASCII plain text format. I used TextEdit on the Mac. Use the ‘Make Plain Text’ command from the Format menu and when saving the file you can click on the “Plain Text Encoding” dropdown menu, select the “Customise Encodings List” option and then you can find the “Western (ASCII)” encoding and select that and save your XML file. I also noticed that in the example of the contents of the XML file in @hez’s post above the closing is missing. So it should look like this: