Early 4.9 testers wanted

No one has been bypassed. We are still in early stages and have a couple of things to fix yet.

I mean you kept giving Access to New beta askers. And i Guess you missed me.

You have been added. I only wanted a small group for initial testing because there are still a few issues.

Sorry if I missed you initially

Dont worry.

I will read all the topic and test tomorrow

Thanks

@sam_nazarko Any way us non-testers can read the testers-only discussion thread? I’d love to follow the progress. (Read Only).

Not at this time. There will be an official release soon enough.

Sam

Will there be an OSMC testing image for Rpi 4 ?

Yes – but this is unrelated to Vero 4K/4K+, which this thread is about.

Hey Sam,
I know there’s no ETA for this, but is there a writeup somewhere of which features are expected to be included with this release? Will the new release pass through HDR mastering data on Vero 4k?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

And hdr10+?

Thanks in advance

Still WIP.

1 Like

I would like to beta test please

You missed me as well… love to join beta…

Added

Should I have received an email or something with download info?

I have added you to the discussion.

As a side note here…

One of the CoreELEC guys has put out an early test Alpha v4.9 AML Linux Kernel as well for S905W / S905X / S905D devices and Sam will already know from his v4.9 Vero 4K testing that the new Kernel now outputs, - visually - what looks to be correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata.
Same as I see when using the newer v4.9 Kernel S9xx chipset devices output to a GZ Panasonic OLED.

I’ve tested using a Spears & Munsil 2160p.BT2020-10,000nits clip.

(HDR10+ also works)

4 Likes

Thanks, @wrxtasy!

I think that as soon as Vero 4k+ finishes the 4.9 kernel support with MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata and HDR10+, will be one of the best media player (will support all except DV, which is very limited to some players). I hope we have it soon :slight_smile: