Easy Netflix and Amazon Prime Video Install

Hi all,

Just set up a quick guide to get Netflix and Prime Video installed and working in OSMC.

https://makingstuffwork.net/technology/watch-netflix-amazon-prime-kodi/

Hope some of you find this useful. :slight_smile:

What’s wrong with the current How-to in the forum?

Fight! Fight! Fight! :rofl:

Probably nothing, but no one will send him Bitcoin if they use your tutorial. I’m hiding this from public view until OP can explain why this isn’t a shameless attempt to enrich himself.

1 Like

I have created an updated guide as well. Uses a simple script to handle the legwork…

The other topic he started has the same link…I see you did some post moving to here, but the first post in the topic is pretty much the same:

I unlisted, then relisted once I saw you had been in that topic, because I wasn’t sure the best thing to do.

I moved it here to the unlisted thread, at least until OP can justify his motives.

You guys can feel free to delete the thread. This was just an a simple updated version of a guide I did back in May of last year starting for Beta .225 that I had here.

Definitely not a shameless attempt to get rich. Apologies for not checking the forum better, and posting twice on this!

Your post would be fine if you removed the requests for Bitcoin and coffee.

Can do… Originally it was donate a coffee if you want and the bitcoin was actually added by request from someone who wanted to chip a coffee that way. Its definitely not a money maker haha, this is just a fun hobby for me in my free time.

Seriously though, probably best to delete. I am sure Joakim_s has a much better guide and script then mine. It was late when I posted, and I didn’t do my due diligence on the forum. No need to con-volute the topic.

Secondarily, your tutorial advises the user to pipe a script to bash. While anyone with any experience would certainly extrapolate the GitHub from the link and do their due diligence to parse the script themselves before they ever ran it, some noob who might actually need a tutorial to accomplish this task would be unlikely (or unskilled enough) to do so. I’m not here to say that YOU are unscrupulous, but you can imagine what some unscrupulous person might do if they had folks blindly running scripts. It’s not personal, but we have to do our due diligence to protect our users and readers of our forum.

Your absolutely right ActionA, protecting the users and allowing them to have a great experience is the most important thing.

Apologies for wasting your time gentlemen!