Emby Stream Problems after June Update

Hi, since the june update i have a Problem with Emby for Kodi.

Before the Update everything was fine, now the stream just don’t starts, no error message in the gui, just like the play button isn’t working except i click play a few times then it comes the unplayable item message

this is what i see in the log:

2020-06-10 18:21:37.355 T:4072169472 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/movies/41051/file.strm?KodiId=10&Name=21.and.over.mkv&Id=41051 ]

The problem is only with the vero4k+ and Kodi 18.7

Same version on my Macbook is working fine.

BTW: Plex for Kodi plays without problems, it is just emby, and as far as i know emby doesn’t use imputstream, it is all content on my local server (NAS)

I use different profiles for plex and emby, now i need to use plex because of this error and plex is working all the time.

Thanks

Please post full logs.

2 Likes

https://pastebin.com/RsK5u8fc

Thanks for telling me how to do a support request, but uploading a full Log isn’t possible with Plex or Emby addon because the Auth token and session ID is in the log, so i needed to clear them out, to prevent a session hijack :wink:

But @sam_nazarko if you need i can share my library with you for testing, so you don’t need to set up a emby server

That’s why the part about sanitizing the logs is in the link I provided.

Is it a smb location in the mediacenter?
It might be a help looking into this: SMB connection issue after June update - #40 by JimKnopf

Sam already placed change in the development branch with a feature addressing this.

Just a guess since no helpful logs …

1 Like

I am pretty sure it is SMB because my Emby Server is running on a WIN10 with mounted networkdrives from my Synology and Windows is using SMB.

But the strange thing is still that plex is working, running on the same machine using the same networkdrives mounted :confused:

Another guess: Emby server does not transport the data stream from the Syno but only tells kodi where the data is located, so the Vero and the Syno communicate.
Set both to max. smb protocol SMB3 and give it a try.

i have both on max smb3 but i could also change min smb to v3.

Normally kodi and the syno don’t communicate at all because the emby server is my win10 machine, so the windows server communicates with the syno to get the file and just transports it to the client app (emby for Kodi)

Then it’s another issue.

… Another issue for which complete logs will be necessary.

2 Likes

Never invested a minute in “emby” but in “native playback mode” the emby add-on talks smb with your emby server, isn’t it? FAQ · MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby Wiki · GitHub.

Yeah absolutely right, but if you wanna use all the premium features like cinema mode (pre rolls) they recommend to use addon mode. thats why you see the .strm and not the real path to my mkv file.

I already uploaded a complete log.

You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding.

OSMC skin screenshot:

If you need to hide your passwords/whatever you don’t want to share, upload the data using the following steps

grab-logs -A -P >blubb.txt
nano blubb.txt
paste-log blubb.txt

(tell us the link, here)

rm blubb.txt

… but if you garble the data too much nobody is interested to invest more time.

i just removed the sessionid and auth tokens to prevent session hijack i think this is understandable.

But as i already said i could share my library to test so you see the error on your own.