Error after November update

I updated Osmc on my vero4k to the November update and to me it seems that everything updated correctly. kody is 19.3, osmc is 2021.11-1 and restarted kodi correcty.

But near the end of the installation the updater warned me that something occured while installing vero364-image-4.9.113-55 asking me to report it to the forum… so here is the full log.

https://paste.osmc.tv/hufoyapaju

i think the relevant part is:

Setting up vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 (4.9.113-55-osmc) ...
11+1 records in
11+1 records out
11741184 bytes (12 MB, 11 MiB) copied, 0.402232 s, 29.2 MB/s
/bin/dd: error writing '/dev/dtb': Cannot allocate memory
0+1 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes copied, 0.00642457 s, 0.0 kB/s
Could not upload DTB to eMMC
run-parts: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/upload-to-emmc exited with return code 1
dpkg: error processing package vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 (--configure):
 installed vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Same error on screen. Also content with dolby atmos is now playing incorrectly in slowmotion.

I would suggest you post logs as the issue may not be related.

Are you familiar with SSH?

Can you run sudo fw_printenv | paste-log?

Thanks

Sam

I did the command. Had trouble signing in. Somehow changing username back to osmc in combination with the password i had worked.
After update i got the vero364-image-4.9.113-55 message mentioned here. I also noticed everything with Dolby Atmos has video playing very slowly frame by frame (audio is fine). Besides that i now noticed that the uploading through Filezilla is very slow and dropping connection (didn’t had this before and also around 22 MB/s speeds).

https://paste.osmc.tv/ocuhapibep

Hope it helps. For now i am gonna sleep.

Are you connected via WiFi? Do you have different SSID’s for 2.4 and 5 GHz?

a little glitch I have since updating during boot. Boot msgs are above splash image:

osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
* systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2021-11-27 09:33:29 CET; 10min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 2325 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 2325 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_vc1'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_vp9'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_mmpeg12'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_h264mvc'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_mh264'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_mmpeg4'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd-modules-load[2325]: Failed to find module 'amvdec_ports'
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 27 09:33:29 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

and it’s a consequence of the installation errors during the update reported in the first msg:

Errors were encountered while processing:
 vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64
 vero364-kernel-osmc:arm64

and vero is doing video decoding via software and not hardware.

No it is connected with cable.

I don’t understand the logs, but i can confirm that i also have the boot messages above the splash screen like in the photo.

Then 22Mbit is odd. Is that in your LAN or to Internet?

Maybe something changed in the network, we suggest to check your network with iperf3. Please read this howto

Then 22Mbit is odd. Is that in your LAN or to Internet?
Maybe something changed in the network, we suggest to check your network with iperf3. Please read this howto

Thanks for the info! That speed was just one of many problems i got after updating. It was also disconnecting, but i noticed Kodi kept restarting which was reason for losing it. My speeds now and also some time ago are around 29-30 MB/s and that’s for me fast enough to copy (to external drive connected to Kodi on LAN with cable). ## EDIT: I just noticed i wrote speed also wrong. I ment Megabytes (and point was that it wasn’t even copying above 0,5 MB/s).

Today i found more problems and decided to do a clean install. I use Kodi every day.
I updated again and this time no error. I also noticed the update took much longer to install. Luckily we have things like Trakt.tv and such so i can resume quickly.

I seem to have fixed the issue.

During the update some package failed to configure properly, see log in the first post for detail.
The result was error msg popping out during boot about kernel modules not being loaded properly and resulting in hardware decoding not being used by the player.

I just logged in ssh and did the command:

sudo dpkg --configure --pending

Now no error message during boot and hardware decoding is enabled. (I only tested one h264 file for now, I’ll report if there are other problems)

What is the output of sudo apt-get install vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 when run via the command line?

My 2160p movies do not work.
I get super slow motion video - if it moves but audio sounds OK
Videos are played off a SSD via USB

https://paste.osmc.tv/kofafobuvi

I don’t know if you asked me, anyway…

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 is already the newest version (4.9.113-55-osmc).
vero364-image-4.9.113-55-osmc:arm64 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

My 1080p files that are HEVC/x265 videos are a bit jittery.

This sucks.
Is it possible for you to send us an “update” that reverts to the previous version.

@Willow1262 try Error after November update - #12 by nixxo

TY - I wish I was a smart young geek that know what SSH is.
I am old non-geek using a Macbook because Apple is simpler than Windows.

How can the devs release an update that does not
work properly on their own hardware?

there is always time to learn new things.

https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-the-command-line/

1 Like