European orders

Just to share also my experiences: I had to pay approx. 8,95€ for the Shipment from UK → DE; The only thing I did not have in mind was that the power plug is a UK one.

Luckily I am having a converter from UK → DE, thus everything is fine :slight_smile:

If there’s a PSU mixup, just send a photo of the PSU received, date on your warranty card, order number and confirm your address is the same and we will rectify it. (Send to sales@osmc.tv)

We shipped a lot of devices in the last few days, so there might be a couple of customers with the wrong plug.

Indeed have received a UK plug ! I’ll send a pic.

Previous Véro 4k+ had arrived with UK PSU+ a small adaptor.

Many thanks

Shouldn’t have been the case with the 4K +
We don’t ship any adapters, just the appropriate plug for the region.

So far it looks like a bit of a mixup and all affected orders seem to have a warranty card showing ‘29th September’ so far…

Sam

I just ordered from a German reseller, but judging by the posts here it seems people almost weren’t charged anything extra on Vero V orders coming from the UK into the EU? I checked the Belgian post website about customs charges and they start at 37,5 € :expressionless:.

Indeed showing 29th of September!

@Borromini can’t comment on Belgian post but we’ve been very lucky in France, painless and cheap process.
I must admit it’s the lack of clarity that was holding me back initially, not knowing what to expect, but it has been flawless on my end.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s the case. BPost’s handling fee is usually about 8 or 9 euros from the top of my head, plus the duties.

For the record and potential new customers in France :wink:
Exactly same amount and process for me living in center France. Ordered from OSMC direct mid october and got only 4€ extra for customs from LAPOSTE, and nothing more. Well… apart from the bank exchange rate, 174€ for the 149£ at that time…

And very satisfied with this new Vero V, snappy as I was expecting. Specially appreciate the USB3 speed for my HDDs.

2 Likes

OK. I might have been scared off by their general list of ‘origin outside EU’ rates. Still, 150 GBP with VAT (OSMC store is VAT excluded, right?) is north of 200 EUR, so not that big a difference.

We are only charging VAT for UK orders at this time.

1 Like

I can vividly imagine that would be a lot of paperwork, charging VAT for the EU.

There are ways – but it’s more that from what I’ve experienced so far, the fact that the duties have been paid isn’t honoured by some destinations and they levy the charges again.

2 Likes

So… When can I expect mine to arrive?
[Order #46311] (November 6, 2023)

Delivery to Europe is about 3-5 working days presently, but things will probably get a bit slower with the run up to Christmas.

It’s not possible to discuss individual orders here, you should contact sales@osmc.tv instead.

1 Like

For the record, order to Denmark had a VAT of €3.

And a handling fee of €21.5. Still, a lot less than the ~€40 I was fearing.

Edit: and I got an EU power plug

Strange that the VAT was only €3. Since our Danish moms is 25%, it should have been more like €37,25 + the handling fee of €21,5 = €58,75. Anyway that’s what the https://www.toldpriser.dk/toldberegner calculator says and why I’m afraid to buy it directly without DDP.
Can you see how Post Nord made that calculation?

We still have preferential status (as part of the withdrawal agreement).

You can always buy from an EU reseller if you prefer.

1 Like

Welectron is out of stock and it’s also just too expensive.

What does preferential status mean exactly?

It’s not exactly light reading but the UK has a trade deal with the EU.

There are EU resellers like RPiShop that should be able to deliver to you: OSMC Vero V - RPishop.cz