European orders

I can’t find the invoice anywhere anymore, but it only had two fields and looked somewhat like:

VAT                             €3
Handling fee                   €21.5
 ==============
Total                          €24.5

I just paid in the PostNord app, waited a week and got the package. No moms.

This a generalization but…
VAT = moms
The fee is for PostNord to do the tax declaration to Customs, instead of you having to do it.

1 Like

FYI. for any other Dutch people here. My Vero V order (bought with the £10 discount) just arrived from the UK here in the Netherlands. I had to pay PostNL €8.46 import duty (€6 for processing and handling, €2.46 duties). So I think that’s a quite reasonable amount of money.

2 Likes

Also FYI: Did order at the promotional price of £139.00 from Germany. Paypal charged 169.23€ for this. Deutsche Post charged additional 8.33€ (2.22€ import duties + 6.00€ handling fee) upon delivery. No mention of VAT. Took less than a week from placing the order to actual delivery. PSU has the correct plug. :slight_smile:

In Sweden the custom duties are there to limit personal import, so the custom duties are set to the almost the VAT for products that are sample tested. Like a Vero5 would be like valued at about 1900 SEK, 25% (Swedish VAT on electronics), would be 475 SEK. But often, as I heard from a friend on Arlanda, there is generalization of “size of package” and declared content, declared value to estimate the value. And then send out a comfortable invoice, with a less comfortable handling fee.

This system came to automation since Wish sales boomed in Sweden, and the government setup an automation for at least get a bit of the lost VAT back. Guessing it’s the same in most European countries.

FYI Austria: I’ve ordered for GBP 139.00 which was EUR 162,52 with Revolut credit card. Austrian Post charged additional EUR 7,79 which is less than expected (not complaining :slight_smile:)

If this is still of interest, for my order in Norway the customs import fee/tax was 79 NOK (6.71 EUR with today’s rate), which is comprised of 45 NOK for the fixed customs fee and 34 NOK for the VAT. I was very surprised (in a good way) to pay so little for import fees, as I was expecting a considerably higher amount.

As for the importing time, that was a bit long (all the credits go to norwegian customs services). The package tracked in Norway on the 3rd of July (left UK on the 29th of June) and has been processing ever since, and I finally got it just yesterday (making it about 2 weeks). That’s fine though, I wasn’t in a big rush.

Norwegian customs is notoriously slow, not much we can do about it.

1 Like