Finally updated from December release to May latest - problem with drives manually mounted by script

Understandable. Here you go: https://collab.osmc.tv/s/VjeWGWdUTthRw7z

Seems to work with a simple file wrapper. I don’t have any encrypted disk volumes.

Ah, brilliant, thanks. I don’t suppose you know if it’s build 1.21, 1.22, or 1.23? (Longshot, i know)
Many thanks

osmc@osmc:/tmp$ ./veracrypt --version
VeraCrypt 1.23

Great, thanks, I’m currently on 1.21

Hi @grahamh, @sam_nazarko, @dillthedog, @bmillham

I downloaded the arm-compatible veracrypt 1.2.3 compiled library, thanks.
I backed up and renamed my old v1.2.1 version at /usr/bin/
…then copied across your build, and set the permissions, then rebooted.

I can still mount my encrypted drives, using my ssh scripts, which is great.

Unfortunately the problem of KODI 18 only being aware of these drives’ content at ssh, or in the kodi file explorer remains.

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks for all suggestions so far,
RR

Can you show me some photos so we can get on the same page?

I know you’re saying the behaviour has changed, but this would still help

Sam

In the last log files you shared only veracrypt4 was configured as Video source. Not sure if that is the one you are missing or it is any of the other containers contents.

Drives 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 are sources in the file manager, but only drive 4 is a source in Videos and Music. Can you not even read that? The others need (re-)adding as sources.

In /mnt/vc/ I created directories for veracrypt2 - veracrypt7, to act as mountpoints, to which the veracrypt command attaches a drive, once decrypted.

In file manager I used ‘add source’ to create entries for each directory within /mnt/vc/ to try and allievate some of the hassle of my drives being invisible in Files.
Most of the time those mountpoints won’t have anything attached. At most 2 unencrypted drives will be in use simultaneously.

None of this file manager / add source shenanigans was necessary on any build between April 2018 (purchase of vero4k) and the update to the December Kodi 17 build.

Everything fell apart last week, updating to May 2019 / Kodi 18.

Shame, as Kodi 18 is brilliant, it’s just made accessing my video and audio files such a chore I don’t bother.

Sure Sam.
Please remind me of the screenshot command.
It’s a very long time since I used it (it may not even have been on a vero, but on a Pi)

Sorry, I can’t understand why. The whole way Kodi uses sources hasn’t changed as far as I know. There’s an outside chance that when upgrading, Kodi checks to see if the sources are actually there and most of your drives weren’t connected at the time so it ‘forgot’ them.

IIRC, you always had to add a source in each of Videos, Music and File manager to be able to see them in the respective bits of the Library.

Thanks for trying.
Reminds me of the update that caused those colourspace problems which everybody said could never have worked properly before the update anyway (yet it did, for months)!
I’m a magnet for this type of bug.