First time vero 4k user having sound problems on some videos in twitch and youtube apps

Hi !

This is the first time I decidet to buy a smart media center. Today I got my vero 4k and i have to say im impressed. After the first boot and the updates i watched a 1080p encode from a usb hard drive and the playback was just perfect smooth as silk but when I downloaded the youtube and twitch video stream addons i found out that some videos will play back fine without issues but on some the video will be fine but the audio will stutter as if the audio is not supported

Does anyone know about this issues ? Any help is appreciated

http://paste.osmc.io/riyicejuto

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

I dont use the vero 4k at home but at the location where i use it its a pain in the ass to troubleshoot so i will bring it back home today and provide logs and hopefully fix my issues before i take it back out

Update: So I brought the vero 4k home ( because i wanted to have a pc on hand while troubleshooting my audio issues) connected it to my tv with a hdmi cable and the audio issues i was experiencing went away. The only difference between my home set-up and the location where i was testing the vero yesterday is that yesterday I had the 4k connected to a video projector via hdmi and then I pulled the audio from the projectors audio out via jack connector.

Will now go to yesterdays location again and try to connect everything again to see what happens ( since the vero was specifically bought to run there and not at my home )

I hope the issue fixes itself as it did when i brought it home

Update2:

When I connected the vero 4k to the projector again and set the system to 1080p@60fps youtube and twitch streams and videos would have completely broken sound. When i set the system settings to 1080@24fps sound would be fine but if the youtube video or stream was at 60fps the video would look slugish and slowed down.

Here is debug look i took while trying to watch a 1080p@60fps stream wile adjust refresh rate set to always and system setings set to 60fps audio was broken.

stream was quality 1080p h264 with aac audio

What does the output of this command give:

osmc@yeti:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

Can I type the command while using the vero i mean in the OSMC skin ? Or only remotely via ssh ? I will be able to tell you tomorrow since im home now and i left the vero at my other place. sadly i dont know the ip so i cant log in remotely.

You need to be connected via SSH, with Kodi running.

Thanks for the instructions do i need to set up anything locally to get ssh working ? A password or so ? Also is there an app that allows you to ssh from an ipad ? Sadly i dont have a laptop or pc at my other place and since kodi needs to be running i have to check that while being there.

Just make sure the ssh service is enabled. It should be by default. (you can see it in MyOSMC)

I don’t have any Apple products, so no idea about ssh for ipad.

Thanks ! Will do first thing tomorrow !

Found it; ‎Termius: Terminal & SSH client on the App Store

When i try to ssh into my vero using putty it asks for a username and password I never had to set any passwords or user accounts while setting up the vero can anyone help me figure out with wich credentials to enter ?

480p60hz
576p50hz
720p60hz
1080i60hz*
1080p60hz
720p50hz
1080i50hz
1080p30hz
1080p50hz
1080p25hz
1080p24hz

This is what i get when using the command you mentioned while having a video runing in kodis twitch,tv addon audio is fine

thx you are a life saver

Very strange. Your TV advertises a preferred mode of 1080i over 1080p.
Try changing the display output to 1080p60 in System → Settings → Display.

Sam

That was my initial issue if display is set to 60fps in system settings the whole sound is bugged even if i navigate the skin it cracks and youtube and twitch videos have also broken sound if i set display to 24 fps stuff sounds fine but 60 fps conntent looks slugish and slowed down…

Make sure you set it to progressive
Post a debug log if you still have issues

Settings->system display is set to 1080p@60fps and displayed as souch as source for the projector

Adjust display refresh set to always

So display is fine now, problems are only with sound? Have you adjusted any amplification settings or turned on passthrough or anything?

yes to try and fix my issue but when it didnt help i reversed it

23:46:27.364 T:3652187120 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

I think the problem is that there are discontinuity’s in the stream.
I think I read somewhere this is a bug with inputstream and I believe that the Twitch TV add-on uses this. If this is the case then it should be resolved in the future.

Cheers

Sam